It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: iTunes Remote control for AlbumPlayer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:08 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

With the release of V5.3 there is an add-on available to use iTunes remote control from mobile device to control AlbumPlayer. For more information please first a look at the help file before reading further. See also here: http://www.albumplayer.com/webhelp/inde ... uction.htm

Please use this topic to do trouble shooting, mention bugs or wishes.

When using this add-on realise that this remote application are designed with iTunes in mind and not everything will work AP always like. Stiil I think it is a nice to have addition.
Remark for commercial licenses: the add-on will need an additional fee except for commercial licenses.

To order you can go here:
http://www.albumplayer.com/tunesremote_order/index.htm

If you have a commercial license but still your Tunes Remote add-on operates with limitations, please contact at support@albumplayer.com .

Last edited by Peter van der Burg on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:57 am, edited 5 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 am 

Hi Peter -

Am a bit confused about the new iTunes Remote in beta 9. It sounds like Albumplayer is modified to work with the regular iTunes control (so now it looks just like regular iTunes on the iPad), or have you modified the remote so the iPad now looks like Albumplayer? Any screenshot of the iPad to help clarify?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:52 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Yes that is exactly what is done, using the remote apps already there. It is based on the request here: http://forum.albumon.com/viewtopic.php?p=11165

I still have plans ones in future to have a dedicated control but takes huge amount of time for a single developer like me to make it work for all mobiles. Using existing controls is a good first step. I will try to make some extra's in it in some way, I am not ready with it yet. But before investing all my time, first need to know if people interested in remote control anyhow from mobile devices.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:39 pm 

Hi, I have just started looking at using the Apple control and I have to say on first impressions, it works well. I plan to spend a little more time trying to get to grips with it over the next few days and will post my experiences in due course.

Thanks for making this add-on!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:51 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Also realise it is not fully ready. I also want to try to get the playlist editng running and also try to add more features on it, to use more AP like behavior (with some tricks). One already there is retrieving custom collections (instead of composers)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:31 am 

I didn't succeed to connect to AP using an Android Phone.

I have donwloaded tunesremote-plus.

The auto-scanning doesn't find the AP server and when I enter manualy the IP address I get a quick message "Sorry....." that I don't have the time to read.

I guess it is a problem of Firewall. So my question is:
What are the processes to open in the Windows Firewall?
albumplayer.exe or something else?
What is the exe for "bonjour"?

I don't want to open the port because it is too complex, only the exe will be enough.

Thank you.
Cyril.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:20 pm 

Ok, I succeed to get it working. I had to open the port in the Firewall as it is mentioned in the help.

I wonder if there is any hardware remote compatible with DACP?

Because it is not so very practical to get my wife's phone, to turn on the WIFI (check that it is the good WIFI network...), and then launch Itunes Remote apps.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

I have an iPod for this , which is best suited for it because the TunesRemote is limited. So you dont need a phone.

Simple hardware devices are also supported by AP, in first place by key sequences, but for remote control like Tunes Remote you need a display to browse thorugh albums etc, an iPod is best solution to my opinion if you dont have smart phone etc. (like me).

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:29 pm 

Oh I see. IPod Touch with WIFI connection.

I didn't know that will be possible to connect from the Ipod to other music libraries.

Is it the standard Itunes client on Ipod or do I need to have Itunes Remote Apps as well?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:30 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

You need Remote app for iTunes. You can download for free from the app store.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:55 pm 

OK !

I just bought a second hand IPod Touch and I have to say that it is very impressive with this addon.

It is very smooth to browse the library and very easy to search for song/album/artist.

I had two problems:

1 - I had 2 or 3 albumplayer crashes (access violation) while changing the playlist.
2 - I had once no more information transmitted on the IPod. I had the message "no music" or something like that. I had to close and start again AP to get it working.

There is also another bug with Android TunesRemote+ :
When selected an artist, the albums shown are not the artist's albums but the 10 first ones (of all artists).

Very promising addon !

Cyril.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:57 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Next version will be much better so lets wait first that.

The Android TunesRemote+ bug is actually problem in that software, it send the song artist instead of album artist, but i made work around for it (in next beta).

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:12 pm 

Running Beta 11 and Remote for iTunes. When I bring up Artists or Albums only a short list of the first several items show. Am I doing something wrong or is this due to the limited comparability at this time.

Thanks!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:28 pm 
AlbumPlayer Graphics Designer

I had the same problem. The reason was that my router was not powerfull enough. Buying a current one (cheap, without N standard) fixed the problem.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:53 pm 

Just to mention that I have tested Remote for Itunes developed by Hyperfine Software : http://hyperfine.com/remoteforitunes/default.aspx

It works well and is very stable.

Cyril.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next