It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Beta 12 thoughts and feedback
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:44 pm 

I was able to sit down and play around with the new beta 12 and would like to give my thoughts and some feedback. First off I will say that I was thrown back a bit at first glance. I was also a little confused as to where my music play list was at first as I wasn't expecting a separate screen for that function. But after playing with it for about 15 minutes I started to really see the value in the new layout and I'm happy to say that I REALLY REALLY LIKE IT! It looks and feels much more polished and professional. I run this on a touch screen all in one PC hanging on my wall in my basement bar and the look of the new layout really shines! Again it took me a few minutes to get use to it but after switching back to the old layout just for giggles I couldn't wait to get back to the new look.

The only thing that I would like to see changed are a few very minor things really. The biggest however is the way Video is handled when qued up. Since the play list is now on a separate screen if you que up a video and it starts to play you have to manually switch to the play list in order so see it. As of now I only have one screen so It would be nice if it automatically switched over to the play list when a video began to play. Some day I plan to have a second screen that I can send the video to but for now this is all I have. Also I have min set to time out and default back to home screen after 90 seconds of time and if it's in the middle of a video it will switch out to the home screen on me. Now I plan to change the amount of time to a greater value before it times out and switches back but this could still happen. It probably won't do it if the video is full screened but with the new play window I kind of prefer that and don't like to have to switch it back to the playlist from time to time to get back to the video.

Other then that the only thing I thought of that could be nice is the area to the left of the play list it could be cool to have it show a nice photo of the band behind the album instead of the blurred out version of the album. Much like it looks like when you select an album. But that's just a thought and not really a big deal or even an improvement really. Just a thought.

Thank you Peter for all your hard work on this new version. It's been a privilege to be part of the beta! I have turned many people onto this software through the years. It is by far the best jukebox software I have found and used!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Beta 12 thoughts and feedback
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:52 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Reading your comments, I see the most improvement on the video. Since I always use a second screen myself for the video I don't run in to this behaviour myself. But you can at least setup in the preferences, when you press play, it automatically jumps to now playing screen (it is in the general page of the preferences). The other issue is, the switching to sleep during play of video. I will create something of a setting to lock sleep mode during video play.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Beta 12 thoughts and feedback
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:25 pm 

Awesome! I'll look again in the settings that you suggest and make that change. I guess if someone Que's up a video though I'll have to manually switch it to the play list? And that would be great if there was a setting to tell it not to go away from the video while video is playing. I do plan in the future to add another screen but I'm not sure how soon that will be so that would be a nice setting to have in place for those that only use one screen.

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg