It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can v6 display playlist in song list view?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:19 pm 

First let me say after getting the email about this new version this morning and installing it, I was very surprised and very impressed with it, even my crew here said the same thing so great work as I had more or less given up on this software [v5]. V6 is much more simplistic and the larger buttons and text make it a lot more easier and accurate to touch the functions, now I don't need to touch a function 2 or more times.

Ok so I'd like to know if there is a way to show a playlist with only a song list view with only song titles please? If yes then while AP is open to switch between album view and the song list view?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Can v6 display playlist in song list view?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:55 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Good to hear you like it.

If you mean with song list that the headers are hidden, you go to the playlist options to switch header off (its under numbering), then only songs are there.

This question I don't understand "If yes then while AP is open to switch between album view and the song list view?". Can you explain more?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:20 pm 

Peter van der Burg wrote:
Good to hear you like it.

If you mean with song list that the headers are hidden, you go to the playlist options to switch header off (its under numbering), then only songs are there.

This question I don't understand "If yes then while AP is open to switch between album view and the song list view?". Can you explain more?

Yeah, this v6 looks very smooth and elegant and response time and accuracy is super.

To clarify, as in the attached screenshot of Virtual DJ or regular DJ softwares playlist area where the arrow is pointing to. There will be times when I will need a view like this to pull up any of my playlists or library and there will be times when i will use the albums to play music by Artists. Thing is I wouldn't want to have the close the program then restart whenever I should wish to use either format so I am asking if there is a way to switch between song lists view and albums view on the fly please?

http://imgur.com/URQb46r

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:21 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

The collection view is always album oriented, the playlists are song oriented, the album details are song oriented. Then there is the Now Playing playlist which is also song oriented. If you go into the Playlist Options from the Now Playing playlist you see an option Add Files and Add Folder. You can just choose any folder to load as a song list that way. That is what I can offer, don't know if that is what you looking for.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:15 pm 

Yes, that will work, thanks! Just one thing please, I have some very large folders so it will be very difficult to go through the list, is there a way to search for a tune within the playlist?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:15 pm 

Or if I should have any playlist or folder open in song list view and playing can I search through my entire library for any tune to play now or set as next?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:57 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

You cannot search on data not truly in the AP database. But you might add your folders with music as one album for each folder to the AP. Then you can just use the search function. When you want to add folders as one album (even not being a real album), you best manually create an album from the collection editor then add the songs from the album editor. Also choose the media type to be collection.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:37 pm 

Ok got it, that will work, thanks.

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg