It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: V6 11 & 12 beta Playlist Functionality
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:13 pm 

Hi Peter

Just started testing beta 11 and now 12. Not sure if this is a functionality change, a bug or setup issue but I can no longer drag songs in the playlist to different positions or drag a song from an album to the playlist like in V5.3. I hope this is a bug / setup issue.
Thanks for all your hard work.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: V6 11 & 12 beta Playlist Functionality
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:49 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

There is big difference between beta 11 and beta 12, because beta 12 contains the new layout. Can you please be more specific. Then it is easier to answer.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:21 am 

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply.

I will try and explain a bit clearer. In the playlist I have list of songs that I have selected. These will have either been played or queued, before, you used to be able to move / drag these songs around in the list, for example, a song that was fifth in the queue I could drag to the top of the queue ready to play next or third in the queue. I could also drag a song that had already played to be queued to play again.
Since beta 11 and 12 I no longer have any control over re-organising my playlist.
As for dragging songs from an album to the playlist, I understand that this is not possible with the new layout in v12. This was I nice feature though as you could quickly and easily drag a song from an album to what ever position in the playlist you wanted. When you have a large playlist selected and come across a song you would like to listen to sooner or in a particular order, it would appear that this is now a lot more difficult to achieve as you either have to play next or add to the end of the queue.

Many thanks

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:26 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Drag and drop is still there as it always was. But the behavior is different. You have to press/hold then appearance will change then you can start dragging.

Make also sure in your settings drag and drop is on.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:20 am 

Peter, that's great

Thanks for clearing this up for me. Much appreciated. Keep up the great work with this excellent software. Is the final release going to have the artist link to last fm, where you can manually click the artist and it takes you to the last fm page of that artist?

Thanks again

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:54 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

You mean the links from the artist page. I think they are not in currently in indeed. At some time they need to be re-added.

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg