It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Slowness
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:48 am 

I was using the beta version for quite some time until the hard drive in my jukebox died. Before this happened I was using the backup database from a retail version and had no issues. Since the hard drive died I decided to reload all my music into a new fresh database so I can better organize it all as I go. I've noticed now my responsiveness has been a bit sluggish. After getting only a handful maybe 10 songs in the que things seem to get sluggish and stutter a bit. I did not experience this before. I'd hate to spend another week of loading the music back again with a retail version of AP as that takes a lot of time. Any ideas why my db would be acting this way now with a fresh install and new database?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Slowness
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:52 am 

I suppose I could install the retail version and use the same db and see if I still experience the same thing. I'll give that a try and report back.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:42 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

The AP loads everything into memory and doesn't access the database while operating. But V6 rely on your graphics card. Did you already look to have latest graphics drivers installed?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:45 pm 

Thanks sorry I am just now looking at this. Is this different then from the old version of AP as to how much graphics power it needs? I will have to take a look at what type of graphics card is in this all in one PC. I'll make sure the latest drivers are installed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:45 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

The graphics are the main thing that changed. It is now WPF based which uses directx

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg