It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Album Player V6 beta PC requirements
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:14 pm 

With the changes on how the video is handled (i.e. display 1, display 2), is there an increase in the PC requirements specially on the video card side? I'm saying this because when testing out beta 8 and 9 and playing a video on a separate screen for display 1, the video playback stutters occasionally. Sometimes the video won't even start at all and AP locks up. AP just seems to run a little sluggish at times when scrolling. I have no issues with video playback with version 5. I have the latest Klite codecs installed. Is there a setting I need to fine tune or do I not have good enough PC to run the beta version?

My pc specs:

Asus M4A785-M
Athlon Phenom II quad core 3.2 Ghz CPU
6 Gb ram
Asus Radeon 5450 1Gb ram video card
500Gb WD SATA hard drive
Dell S2340T 23" LED monitor - main display connected via HDMI
Emachine E15T3G 15" LCD monitor - display 1 connected via VGA

Thanks...

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Album Player V6 beta PC requirements
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:16 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

The AP V6 requirements are a bit higher, but this in most applies to the user interface. To make it run smooth you can still use a more then 5 year old computer (as long is dual core), but it is more demanding on the side of the graphics card. So a decent graphics card (certainly not high-end) is recommended.

Looking or your configuration everything including video should run smooth. So I suspect codec configuration. If not already installed, I recommend to install K-Lite codec pack basic. Then after that use the Win7dsFilterTweaker to disable windows media foundation. Media Foundation can give a lot of trouble, like stuttering. Currently I have video running smoothly on second screen with a computer of 2007.

I found an article how to use this tool, actually it is a few clicks to disable it.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... ertweaker/

After starting the tool press the button "media foundation"

I marked this post a sticky because I suspect that this question will come up more frequently

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg