It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:22 am 

Ok, I'll have a try tonight with the V0.53. I am running Windows 7 32.

edit : just tested and it's working again ! nice tx

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:59 am 

@Rycil : Happy to see it works again now

@Lee Lucas: I really can't see this on XP so I made a fresh new virtual machine with Seven/32. Very strangely I immediately reproduced your problem (I think it was with LCDM 0.53 + AP5.3b4). Then I switched back to AP5.2 and it was fine. So I installed AP5.3b4 again and then, it's fine again... So no way to reproduce this problem now, even if I fully kill and rescan database each time, I don't know how I did that first time. I need to redo everything more carefully.
For my part, I already switched several times between AP5.2 and AP5.3x without any problems. And as Peter said, XML exchanges are not modified between AP5.2 and AP5.3 since they were already UTF8 before so I don't think it's AP related. I will have a look on LCDM side. You confirm LCDM 0.52 is always ok and LCDM 0.53 is always ko ? So if I resume :
LCDM 0.52 + AP5.2 = OK
LCDM 0.52 + AP5.3x = OK
LCDM 0.53 + AP5.3x = KO
Is it exact ?
When I said that between 0.52 and 0.53 there was only 5 lines changes, it's not really true. I made a diff and there is a lot of small changes so there is perhaps a regression in your context. I will look deeply these days.
BTW, I have to change version number, it's very confusing to have nearly the same than AP :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:39 pm 

I did a new v0.60 version of LCD Manager. As usual, you can find files + updated information at :
http://www.blueb.fr/_vfd/

Here is the changelog for this version

******* v0.60 - 2010-12-07
+ Add parameter /VISIBLE and /HIDDEN to possibly force corresponding mode at startup (can be shortened with /H and /V)
+ Also add a button to swap to hidden mode
* Fix a bug in DLL version report
- Main window attributes modified
+ New application icon
- Reduce number of calls to function "BuildDisplayedString"
+ Add a tab in config window to have a quick INI edit
- Change status bar to let more room for 3rd panel (displayed string)
- Code reorganization (OnShow moved to OnActivate ...)
+ Add a "BlinkOnPause" feature. Can be chosen between blink off / blink to full / blink to empty
+ String to be displayed can also be viewed as hint on status bar (usefull if text zone is not big enougth)
+ When a tracelog is full (MaxLines reached), both log files are saved as .BKP and as .TRC on exit
* Display mask were not correctly saved in INI file when changed in settings windows. Fixed.
+ Add a backup trace file to be sure to have a no empty trace on exit

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:15 pm 

Nice one Blueberry version 6 works fine for me. Just one thing I clicked on the the button to hide the LCD Manager, since then I cannot find a way to make it visible again, is there a certain key for this I tried like H and V but no joy.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:29 pm 

@Lee: Modify the "hidden" parameter in the ini file.

@Blueberry : this version works fine also for me. Just a comment on the incon flashing on pause. It seems to use the refresh rate. Then it is a little bit annoying when the refresh rate is very fast such as 150 ms.
I would propose to fix the values like O.7 s to 1 and 0.3 to 0. And all the icon should flash, not the parts of the selected pattern.
Does it make sense?

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:47 pm 

@Lee: I know it's not very handy to have to edit INI file to bring back main window but I have no idea for an easier way. I added a confirmation question to avoid unwanted click. Perhaps window could be shown again when AP is stop or paused and hidden during play, more or less like AP miniwindow ? I don't know ...
/H and /V can only be used as a starting parameter to force a state. I will have a look on a hotkey to wake it up but once LCDM is hiden, keystoke are trapped by other application, it's not easy to capture them.

@Rycil: So your idea, to be sure to understand well, is to have a full blinking disc (all CD icon ON then all OFF) and at a slower time slice ? For the time being, you're right, it is the same rafresh rate that is currently used. I will try to do that, it's not really complex. So I plan to add a sub-divisor from 1 to N (so flashing time will be N time longer that normal time)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:08 pm 

C'est ça, t'as tout compris !!! :wink:

oh, and I noticed a small bug with the "&" character.

On the LCD screen, it shows "&/amp" or something like that.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:51 am 

Rycil wrote:
@Lee: Modify the "hidden" parameter in the ini file.

@Blueberry : this version works fine also for me. Just a comment on the incon flashing on pause. It seems to use the refresh rate. Then it is a little bit annoying when the refresh rate is very fast such as 150 ms.
I would propose to fix the values like O.7 s to 1 and 0.3 to 0. And all the icon should flash, not the parts of the selected pattern.
Does it make sense?

Thanks.

I have tried modifying the ini file but I cannot get it to show again. it's a bit of a nuisance as the only way to turn it off is by ending the task in the task manager.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:07 am 

Lee Lucas wrote:
I have tried modifying the ini file but I cannot get it to show again. it's a bit of a nuisance as the only way to turn it off is by ending the task in the task manager.

Very strange, I do this all the time. You just have to edit INI file, set "HiddenMode=0" and SAVE it. No need to exit LCDM neither INI editor, new flag will be read in ~1second and windows should appears. Perhaps have you got other windows in front of it ? Icon should be visible in icon bar anyway.

Anyway, I'm just working on "Hide when play" feature. It seems to be a good solution, windows is hidden during play and is visible again when AP is paused or stopped.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:48 pm 

I just put on-line new 0.61 version. Main changes are :

* CD symbol management on pause is enriched as proposed by Rycil
* Auto hide mode on play is proposed to have something more handy to use

As usual, I recommend to also download default INI proposed to have a clean and commented one.

I did a lot of tests and I saw only some very minor problems, need to investigate (sometimes, depending on context, window will not be hidden on first play but only after a first pause or stop. Need to look this point). Nothing else.

About "&" car, you're right, I saw that also.

@Peter : is this character correctly transmitted by AP ? I use "string(Utf8ToAnsi(xmlStr))" primitive and all other characters are correctly translated, I wonder why there is a specific problem with this one... I tried 5.2 and 5.3, behavior is the same

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 pm 

I have just tested and there is something very strange.

In the configuration screen, when I choose an option in the CD Blink, the hidden parameter is unticked. Same in the other way. When I click in the hidden options, the CD blink option is unticked.

If I update manually the ini file. Same. And /H doesn't work neither.

??

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:13 am 

Yes I to had a problem. I found that you could not tick the blink feature on the pause and the hidden options at the same time. You could either have 1 or the other, as it would untick the the hidden and pause blink visa versa. I also found that the hide on play or stop option did not work at all, whether you have to tick the main hide feature for this to work I do not know as I was to scared to tick it in case I could not get it back again like what happened to me on the previous version. I also found that after playing a couple of albums the LCD Manager had to close according to windows. Apart from that it was running fine.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:01 pm 

Oooops, sorry for this buggy version :oops: I did a first fix (0.62) to solve this radio button bug but it still need more tests.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:26 pm 

Except from that, the CD blink is a nice addition. The full blink with a factor of 3 or 4 (I have 150 ms refresh rate) is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you. And I like the "AlbumPlayer" notification on stop.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:36 pm 

it is ok now.

Two small bugs:
the window position is not save anymore.
And the full hidden mode doesn't work until the first song is played.

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next