It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:00 pm 

For information, I updated a little bit LCDM home page to add last changes and to add a few illustrations.

Remark : Some informations on this page refers to v0.40 version which stills is not achieved actually.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:21 pm 

Hi all ! I did a lot of tests and I think v0.40 is ok to run now so I just put it online :P. I did not see any problems but there is so many different configurations, I perhaps missed something so please make a backup of your current version (ini + exe) before to test.

A lot of things have changed with this version. I'm mainly happy to solve this old "blank screen" $£*@#&% bug. Linked to this, "release after scroll" should now work also. It's mainly usefull if you configure via iMon tool something to display (news, weather, os information ...)

When you ask auto-release, at each track begining, LCDM wil take only LCD for a few seconds, time to display what you asked and after a screen scroll, LCD will be released to any ather tool who want it.

There is also a lot of others minor or major changes, please refer to changelog to have a more complete list. I will try to enrich web page with more (and cleaner) photos but it's not easy to take.

Please tell me wich configuration you have : OS and case/display (web link would be great) to have an idea of compatible or not systems

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:50 pm 

Nice one Blueberry this one work no problem at all, the only thing I found was that it did not allow enough time to read everything from the track before the EQ came into play. So I took out the fake EQ by removing the %EQ and it suits me great, it even says Album Player when it comes on and tell's me loads of info about the Album such as track number, timing of track, bitrate and location and so on. Not sure if your last version had these on as that one did not work for me, but I am well pleased with this version nice job indeed Blueberry and thanks for dedicating your time and effort into it all. it's a big thumbs up from me.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:22 pm 

If EQ starts too early before everything is displayed, you should increase value of StartDelay field in section [Equalizer] in INI file. By default, it's value is 30 seconds, you should check value you've got.

EQ starts when first condition is met :

* first scrolling is finished
OR
* specified time (so 30s in this case) is elapsed int current track

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:33 pm 

Hi, v0.4 is working well for me. Release of LCD to iMon is a great feature - thanks for working on that!

I am running Windows 7 (x64) using Silverstone ML02-BXR case with iMon LCD.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:48 pm 

Here is v0.50 with as major improvements a fully graphical configuration screen and some other less visual changes (please refer to changelog for more details).
As explained before, I think it will be the last major update of this tool since I think now that it's more less complete. I will probably have minor updates to post for bug fixes but nothing else is planned. Of course if some of you have good ideas to enrich it, I will be pleased to add them.

As usual, you can download it (binary + ini file) at

http://www.blueb.fr/_vfd/

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:54 pm 

Hi all!

I put online a new version of LCD Manager (v0.51) with some fixes and minor improvements. Please refer to changelog for more details.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:45 pm 

I will try this new version.

Just a minor issue that I have since the 0.5.

If I close AP and restart it, LCD Manager is not able to detect the new instance of AP. The only solution is to restart LCD manager as well.

Some suggestions for improvement:
1 - LCD Manager in service mode.
2 - Release the LCD only on "stop" and after a certain delay.
3 - on Pause : CD Icons flashing

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:06 pm 

Code:
If I close AP and restart it, LCD Manager is not able to detect the new instance of AP. The only solution is to restart LCD manager as well.

I'm really not able to reproduce this. I tried a lot of time to start/exit AP while LCDM is loaded and each time, new instance is detected and managed. Strange. What have you go on main screen ? Have you got (as it should be):

AlbumPlayer Running [0x???????]
then
Idle - Waiting for AlbumPlayer
then
AlbumPlayer Running [0x???????]
?
I did a new version v0.52 with as new feature a hidden mode. It allows to not have any display and then to have a fully background mode. It's so now more or less like a service but much more handy to manage.

I have to think about your other suggestions

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:14 pm 

I have the behaviour you describe the first time I start LCD manager before AP (V0.5, 0.51 and 0.52).
THen I start AP and everything is detected correctly (the LCD and AP instance).
But as soon as I stop AP LCD Manager releases the LCD and still shows "AP Running" and "LCD found" (with the last song).
Then I start again AP and the new instance is not detected. And the LCD is still released.

I tried to run LCD Manager in Administrator. Same. I am sure that worked before the v0.5.

Last edited by Rycil on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:36 pm 

Hi,

Using v0.51 and have no issues so far. Liking the way this is developing Blueberry. Thanks again!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:58 am 

Yeah same for me 0.51 works well. I gave 0.52 a try and it did not work, I had window boxes flying all over the place when I run it. But 0.51 is cool.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:29 pm 

@bunjamin : Thank's :)

@Lee Lucas: What is this flying windows :) ? There is really only 5 lines changed between v51 and v52, only a 'visible' property set to OFF if requested. I am surprised by this effect. In which mode have you got these symptoms ? Hidden mode only I imagine ? If you ask for visible mode, have you got the same behavior than before ? Can you send me screenshots, I have difficulties to imagine what you have on screen. It's a pity, I love this mode: nothing visible, it's much more comfortable for me since once settings are done, there is no need to have this window anymore. I use only this mode now :)

@Rycil: I have perhaps an idea. If it was fine with 0.40 but no more since 0.50+, I think it's because of message number chosen for data exchanges. It's a touchy point I changed with v0.50+. I fixed a potential problem in my current working version (v0.53), I hope it will fix this issue but I'm not sure since I'm not able to reproduce it. By the way, which Windows are you using ? 7/64bits ? If you continue to experiment problems, I'm interested to have your log files for analysis (generated with v.53).

I just compiled a version 0.53 that could/should fix problem reported by Rycil (I hope). Anyway please take care, it's only a "just compiled" version so problems can occurs. To facilitate comparisons and to allow go back in case of big trouble, I also put online an history of previous version.

If some strange behavior continues, please send me log files (in v0.53 if possible since it's much better with this version) and eventually screencaps.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:43 am 

0.52 will not work for me when I open it up it seems to be ok and it tells me that AP is not running, as soon as I start to open up AP I get an Access Violation Error and then a load of windows open up as in this picture.... Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And all I can do is close the program. 0.51 works fine. I would just like to add that I also upgraded AP to Beta Version 5.3 Beta 4 last week, but that perhaps will not come into the equation.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:31 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

It is not impossible new AP version leads to trouble since everything in AP is converted to unicode. On the other hand the communication is done in XML encoded with UTF-8 like in the past.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next