It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:32 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Using keystrokes is just fine. Look into the preferences to find all remote controlable features.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: enter same as left click ?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:41 pm 

hello just got my ps3 remote working on pc it works great

my question is how can i set the enter key to work the same as a left mouse click ?

i have ap set up to clear playlist and add album to playlist on left mouse click

but

if i press enter i get the booklet window what i would like is

clear playlist and add album to playlist on enter and not the booklet window
thank you

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:40 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

It is fixed, you can not change

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:47 pm 

Hi Peter,

Is there a way to map buttons on the MCE remote?

All I want to do is to NOT have to use a keyboard or a mouse. I cant seem to do that with current remote plugin and album player version.

Ideally I could move around the screen (which works) selecting album covers and select to play. What actually happens is the individual song list shows up and if I hit "OK" on the remote it will play the whole album, though the liner not or track list is now stuck on the screen. I have to press the clear button on the bottom of the remote to remove it.

I have played with the settings and have it selected to just play the album on double click...this works when using the mouse but not when using the remote. it displays the liner notes as mentioned.

It would be nice to be able to use the remote for other things like playlists. I hope I am just missing something and one doesn't have to pull out the keyboard and mouse to do a playlist.

At least if I can map buttons I might be able to get something that is more functional.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:13 am 

You can assign and map the MCE Remote buttons using a program like "HIP" (as I wrote earlier in this topic) to send the commands you want if it is not to your liking, and configuring in AP, Preferences --> Key assignment, to intercept the appropriate sent key to do the desired action.

What I did was temporarily connect a mouse and keyboard to the AP system and figure out what I *wanted* the remote to do (i.e. to send) and remapped it to send that. I'm not using the AP Remote plug in at all, but the AP Preferences for key assignments are very important.

If the function you desire to access does not have a key assignment at all in the Preferences, reply here and I'm sure Peter will consider adding a keyboard shortcut for it in a future version. There are a lot of features already exposed for keyboard shortcuts in (Preferences) Key Assignment Player, Key Assignment Navigation, and Key Assignment Rating. Set them to what your remote is sending. Or use HIP to change what your remote is sending on that button, to match the function you want to trigger.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:20 pm 

Just finished my new AP setup (with a shuttle XS35 and a Packerd Bell touchscreen, very nice!) on a Windows 7 OS. However, under Windows 7 the MCE Support application is not working: It does not detect any MCE activity. So, the standard keys are working for AP, but the special and nicest features (Information screen and color buttons) do not work. Does someone has any experience using the MCE support application (http://www.albumon.com/remote/ap_remote ... upV1_1.exe) under Windows 7? Thank you!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:03 am 

I've spent a *lot* of time working with MCE remotes... modified .inf files to get the drivers to load, configuring HIP to decode and send the right commands (and believe me, it's not easy, and I'm a computer professional). So I'd like to mention this....

Maybe it's been out for a while, I don't know, but I recently found that there are USB IR remotes available that are "Human Interface Devices." They need no drivers (like a mouse or keyboard), and the remotes have mouse functions, keyboard (cursors and text -- it works like texting on a phone), custom keys you can assign in AP, and playback controls (all of them). It works *perfectly* with AP.

The one I ordered was $6 delivered after about a week waiting for it to arrive from Hong Kong. I will *never* waste my time with an MCE remote again. My only complaint is the manual sucked.
Ebay search "USB PC Remote", sort by lowest price ($5.27), and throw your MCE in the trashcan.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4