It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Scenario !!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:54 pm 

Jukebox runs in AutoDj mode.
Party mode it is also activated.
Someone comes insert a coin in the Jukebox machine,choose a song...
AutoDj modes stops,selected song is play.
When the song ends it goes back in the AutoDJ mode,playing AutoDj selected songs.
It is possible? :roll:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:06 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Yes, the AP works like that, but when a coin is inserted and the user selects a song then first the Auto DJ song finish playing completely. I guess that is also how you like it to work but just want to mention.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: scenario !!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:19 am 

I think it would be better if when the song is selected by customer it starts playing automatically and AutoDj songs stops,because in a cafeshop the customer he wants to listen immediately,think, just paid for it.
Is possible to fix this?
Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:04 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

It is not broken so it is not really something to fix. I will handle it as a feature request. Regarding your requested feature, I think it might also be confusing for customers because Auto-DJ tracks will be automatically stopped and paid tracks not. How can a customer know if the song currently playing is an Auto-DJ track or a Paid song. Also if I was listening to a song (even nobody paid for it) and it is a good song it would be interrupted by some guy/girl throwing a coin I would be very annoyed. I think it is good to consider if you really want such behavior.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:06 am 

I agree with Peter. I find it extremely annoying to have a song interrupted (and the more I like it, the worse that feeling is). Obviously if I disliked the song that was playing, I would want it to end immediately, but there are many songs I dislike that my friends love.
If I were operating a business with a jukebox, I would be very careful about this. I would not want my customers to know in such an obvious manner that few are paying, and the currently playing track was not paid for (which means, that if they do not pay, something will play anyway). I think it discourages paying. One approach I've seen and like is to not use auto DJ and have attentive employees with a jukebox allowance that they can spend.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg