It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:27 pm 

If you look on the first post, there's a link to a post on arcadecontrols.com that hosts the exe, docs etc.

The AP forum here doesn't appear to support uploaded files, so I couldn't post here.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:12 pm 

Ok. The forum over there is working again. No need to login.

Thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:33 pm 

Oh. Sorry. I didn't understand the prob at first. Yeah, The mod over there will sometimes take the forum offline for a bit to do maint etc. on it. particularly on weekends. Sometimes, you just have to be patient and check back after a while.

However, he's been running it for years, and from what I understand, has every intention to keep it going.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: !!!!IMPORTANT!!!! Bing moving to Azure
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:38 pm 

Well, this sucks, but I thought I'd let everyone know that I recieved info a week back or so that Bing (one of the search services that the NPSS uses to find images), is moving to Azure at the beginning of Aug.

As far as I can tell, that means that as the Developer, if I want to continue to use it, I'd have to start paying a monthly fee to MS to do so.

Since NPSS is a +free+ app, that just ain't gonna happen.

Sooooooo

Long story short, NPSS uses several different search engines and combines the results, including Flikr, Bing, Yahoo, and Google, so if Bing dies, you should still get results.

Unfortunately Bing's results seemed to be the best of the engines I use, so there is that.

Still, things should continue to work just fine.

Once MS does the transition, I'll revisit NPSS and figure out what, if anything, needs to be done.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this, though.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:24 pm 

i want to make the text infoe larger can somebody point me in the right direction

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:03 pm 

ok found it

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Version 1.0.0.5 is now out.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:57 pm 

This is a pretty minor update.

I've removed support for Bing, because it no longer works anyway. MS has decided to make Bing image search a paid Azure service, so that's pretty much out.

Still does Yahoo and Flicker, so that's good.

Also, fixed a minor bug that has been bothering me for a while. The Album info would only display on one Screen saver area (which one was almost random). It now displays in all areas.

See the first post on this thread to the link for downloading it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:22 am 

drventure wrote:
But, at least right now, when the SS loads up, it does black out ALL screens. So you may be asking if it would not black out all screens. Would that be a good thing? I'd think if the SS fired up, you'd want all screens blanked, at the very least. But maybe there's a reason not to?

The reason not to would be: to simultaneously see AlbumPlayer's cool interface on my 24-inch touchscreen and your awesome screensaver on the 60-inch plasma. 8)

johnjuke wrote:
i want to make the text infoe larger can somebody point me in the right direction

johnjuke wrote:
ok found it

Where? I can't find this setting anywhere. Can you change it in the XML? Which parameter? :oops:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:14 pm 

Hi drventure, I've set the screensaver up and got it to work but it looks like I am just getting the built in images coming up.

Do I have to configure anything to access internet images related to the artist playing?

Like your good work om what you have done with the screensaver and looking forward to getting it all up and running.

Regards,

Steve

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg Go to page Previous  1, 2