It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:16 am 

Peter van der Burg wrote:
AlbumPlayer already has Autocue (which will be renamed to Auto DJ in upcoming version)

What I meant was that with iTunes DJ it's possible to let 'guests' with an iTunes remote directly request songs, without any pairing to iTunes. It's also possible to vote on songs to alter the playlist.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:23 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

The AlbumPlayer has instead the Request List feature. You need to do pairing, but you can edit your own personal playlist (the request list) . The AlbumPlayer takes the requests in rotating order. In party mode the AP also itself has a request list . So if you have AP running and two remotes, you manage 3 requests lists. In next beta there will also be a feature that only one remote is set to be able to control the AP remotely. So you can control the AP, but your guests can not, they are limited to add requests only. Additionaly also the AP Autocue (Auto DJ) can be one of the requests lists, so your prepared playlist still will be there in rotating order.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:48 am 

Anyone having problems after they bring up the Artist list and then choose the Artist? I choose the Artist and a blank screen appears. It was working before the latest Beta V14 when all of the Artists Albums would appear.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:18 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

I tried here, but everything works fine. Do you use apple device or android device. I use iPod here. Can you try o completely power off your device and then start over.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:35 pm 

Sgt Hulka wrote:
Anyone having problems after they bring up the Artist list and then choose the Artist? I choose the Artist and a blank screen appears. It was working before the latest Beta V14 when all of the Artists Albums would appear.

Having the same issue. Just setup Beta V14 and purchased Tunes Rempote AddOnn Upgrade. Here's my scenario. 2 phones, both on Android, one running Remote for iTunes 2.0.18, one running TunesRemote+ 2.4.1.

Remote for iTunes: Can view list of artists, however, any artist chosen shows blank screen, once selected. Also, when vieiwing list of artists, you can press and hold, and the following selections appear: Play, Albums, Tracks. When Albums is selected, blank screen always appears. When Tracks is selected, tracks will appear ONLY if you have one Album by the artist. If you have multiple Albums by the single artist, then selecting tracks will show a blank screen.

You can, however, browse Albums.

---

TunesRemote+: Some artists show songs listed, others only show a message "No tracks found for this album" (These tracks do appear, however when viewing same album in Remote for iTunes).

When viewing artists, you can press and hold, and the following options appear. Play Artist, Queue Artist, Browse albums. When you select Browse albums, albums are not listed, just a selection for All, which takes you to all tracks for that Artist.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:42 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Thank you for your extensive testing and explanation.

I realise now that I do some caching. This runs in trouble when using multiple devices. Have to work on that. Additional to that there might be more issues. Because I want to have Tunes Remote properly running before final 5.3 release, it would be helpful you can help in this. Can you contact me at support@albumplayer.com ?

{Edit: I will also try to get an android phone here, to do some testing, that would be the best. I do all testing on iPod which does not have these issues}

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:45 am 

Hi Peter,

I don't know if it is free but you can run an Andoird emulator on your PC with the SDK :
http://developer.android.com/guide/deve ... lator.html

I have the following problem:

Each time AP don't close properly, I have to pair once again my Ipod with AP. Did you experience the same?

Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:20 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Thanks for the tip, but for now i prefer a regualr phone to do the most proper kind of testing

You experience a problem on closing AP? It crash?

It might be that the Pair data is written when I shut-down the add-on on AP close, this might explain why this problems happens, when the data is not written. I think when it once is written well it doesn't need to be written again. I never have to pair for a second time here, but sometimes need to power down my iPod because it doesn't want to connect anymore, but that is iPod problem, don't know if this is same with iPhone

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:27 pm 

I am almost sure that when I have a crash (AP or computer itself), I have to pair once again. It seems that AP loses the configuration.

The error is simple: the IPod say that the association has been canceled by the computer so it needs to be paired once again.

Next time it happens, I will tell you.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:02 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

What is your OS?, I use Win7 here. The Remote version I use the latest 2.1.1 (it is i think) on an iPod touch. Make sure you also have the latest Remote app because last version improves reconnecting.

I believe what you say, but I never have never seen a message that explicitely tells me that the "assocition is cancelled". Does it come in a kind of message box? I only get messages it lost connection, then when AP is running it reconnects.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:01 pm 

Same here, Windows 7 64 and Ipodlast version or Remote V2.1.1.

And it is not reconnection but I have to pair once again. I will tell you when it happens with the exact error message.

Cyril.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:08 pm 

Peter van der Burg wrote:
I tried here, but everything works fine. Do you use apple device or android device. I use here. Can you try o completely power off your device and then start over.

Peter, I am using an Android device. I have rebooted everything and still and issue. The Album list/view works fine. It is when I go to artist and attempt to bring up the albums for that artist.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:07 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

I will work on it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Song selection on ITunesRmote
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:34 am 

Hi Peter. I use ITunesRemote on the I-Pad. In the app, I go to the Artist view, I choose an artist, an album and a song. In this view the songs are sorted alphabetically, in AP they are sorted on track number. Therefore, if I choose the 4th song in alphabet, the wrong song (with tracknumber 4) will play on AP. Can this be solved? I love the I-Tunes remote for AP!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Song selection on ITunesRmote
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:35 am 

Hi Peter. I use ITunesRemote on the I-Pad. In the app, I go to the Artist view, I choose an artist, an album and a song. In this view the songs are sorted alphabetically, in AP they are sorted on track number. Therefore, if I choose the 4th song in alphabet, the wrong song (with tracknumber 4) will play on AP. Can this be solved? I love the I-Tunes remote for AP!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next