It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:11 pm 

yes i tried that and it worked, using an electronic mech it sometimes misses the signal, so i tried a mechanical mech and microswitch and it worked perfectly, thanks for your advice

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:09 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

happy to hear that :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:35 am 

Have you figured out what the pin out is for the rest of the buttons? I was planning on wiring buttons to control other items like volume, next track, etc. I found software that allows you to map keystrokes to the buttons on the game pad.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

No I dont know, I think you just have to experiment, but that software you mention is helpful anyhow, because the AP can also accept credits based on keystrokes. So you only need that program to interface with AP

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:17 pm 

I am very interested in an off the shelf solution, can anyone provide a working coin mech so I can use with AP ?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:24 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

I searched for that many times, but most of the coin acceptors only have interface with signals which makes it necessary to use an input device to connect to.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: USB Bill Acceptor
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:44 pm 

I have been working on a jukebox

Last edited by joekool on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Arcade Controllers for coin Input
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:55 pm 

I read a lot of people are having some difficulty with their coin mech and signal for the pc. There are arcade game products that do this easily....one such product can be seen here.

http://www.ozstick.com.au/prod_interface.html .. or here
http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html

These boards plug straight into the PS2 or USB keyboard port and wire straight up to the coin mech.

A simple program that allows key mappings can be downloaded here:

http://www.ultimarc.com/download.html

Essentially all this is for build your own arcade machines but I found the above products and hope they are helpful.

Goodluck

Last edited by hotfoot on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:56 pm 

......... actually ..... can/could album player map a keystroke to a coin deposit??

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:02 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Yes it can. You can define it in the preferences

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:37 pm 

Thats fantastic ...I'm nearly all sorted now thank-you.

Ps how can I make one coin play 2 or 3 selections?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: USB Bill Acceptor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:14 pm 

[quote="joekool"]I have been working on a bill acceptor solution. It is close to completion. see below.

Hi folks -- just in the process of finalizing my coin acceptor set up, and want it to work out. Joekool -- in your video on youtube, what have you attached your bill acceptor to? And are you running the Album Player program interface being discussed in this thread? You seem to have the bugs ironed out. I'd love to know some of the details of your setup.

My concern is I'm not much of a programmer, and I want to have a smooth running connection between the coin acceptor and AP. I have my acceptor wired into a simple Keyboard Input Module, and everything is running fine from that end. Now I just need AP to recognize the pulse being sent and translate it into credits.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:53 pm 

Peter van der Burg wrote:
...because the AP can also accept credits based on keystrokes. So you only need that program to interface with AP

Can you clarify this for me, please? I'm trying to find the credit/keystrokes setup on AP but haven't been able to locate it in the jukebox program. I have set my coin collector up in a manner where the pulses can be interpreted as keystrokes, but haven't managed to get AP to recognize it yet. Is this possible to do without any additional programming (ie the zip file coin interface program for AP)

I'm worried that I may be over complicating things, but I'd love to have a basic guide to follow for exactly how to run the coin collector with AP, perhaps something that easily gathers all the key points in this thread so a novice like me can clearly follow the steps. For example, there was mention that .NET framework 2.0 was necessary to run the coin interface program. I'm not sure what that is, if it's standard to windows or if I MUST download and install it first for the interface program to function, etc.

thanks guys, all advice appreciated.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:09 am 

See .....
preferences >> actions >> key assignment navigation >> increase credits

I just chose a generic keystroke... the number [5] cause that is a standard map to a coin signal for all MAME arcade cabinets.

:)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:16 am 

Thanks so much everyone, for your help with this. Because I'm using a keyboard emulator to connect my coin acceptor, as soon as it was mentioned that we can get AP to accept keystroke credits, I knew I was set. There are lots of these MAME devices easily available online or through ebay.

I've done up a quick picture to show the basics of what I've done, in case anyone else finds it useful. Works like a charm, and didn't have to use any additional coin recognition programs.

I have to say, I also am completely in love with Album Player in general. The more I goof around with it, the happier I am with my choice. Thanks!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next