It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Melloware IR/RF Remote Controls or an iPod Touch/iPhone
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:25 pm 

Intelliremote + Intelliphone allows you to control AP with a profile from your iPod Touch or iPhone.

You can find the AlbumPlayer.xml profile to use here: http://melloware.biz/products/intelliremote/profiles.zip

Intelliremote also supports many other hardware remotes if you don't own an iPhone or iPod Touch.

here is a current list of supported hardware remotes....

iPhone/iPod Touch Remote
o Intelliphone iPhone or iPod Touch OS 2.1 or higher

Creative SoundBlaster Remotes
o SoundBlaster Live! Remote
o SoundBlaster Audigy, Audigy ZS , Audigy 2, Audigy 4 Remotes
o SoundBlaster X-Fi (all models), X-Fi Elite Remotes
o SoundBlaster Extigy (thick serial cable connection only)
o SoundBlaster/ Azuzen X-FI, Audigy USB Remote Control Upgrade Kit

HID (Human Interface Device) based USB Remotes
o Microsoft Media Center Edition (MCE) Remotes (many brands and types)
o Gyration RF MCE Remote (use gyration.xml profile)
o Terratec Cinergy Remote (use terratec.xml profile)
o Terratec Cinergy DT USB XS Diversity Remote (see terratecdt.xml profile)
o Hauppage Remote (use hauppage.xml profile)
o DViCO FusionHDTV Remote (use dvico.xml profile)
o XBOX360 Remote (see instructions below)
o Philips SRM7500 7-in-1 Remote (use philipssrm7500.xml profile)
o Cyberlink Power MCE Remote
o Hewlett Packard HP MCE Remote
o Trust-2400 MCE Remote
o Pinnacle MCE Remote Kit
o Hama MCE Remote
o X10 MCE Remotes
o Sony Vaio Remotes
o ASUS Nova P20/P22 Remote
o ASUS DH Remote
o Adesso ARC-1100 Remote, Auvisio or or Ortek VRC-1100
o Conceptronic MCE Remote

Bluetooth Remotes
o Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote (use sonyps3.xml profile as example and see section on pairing the remote with your PC later in this guide)
o Nintendo Wii Remote (use wii.xml profile as example and see section on pairing the remote with your PC later in this guide)
o Jabra BT8010 Bluetooth Headset

X10-RF-Receivers that are normally bundled with remotes like (see x10.xml profile)
o X10 RF Remote
o ATI Remote Wonderâ„¢ (see atiremotewonder.xml profile)
o ATI Remote Wonderâ„¢ PLUS (see atiremotewonderplus.xml profile)
o SnapStream Firefly
o NVIDIA Personal Cinema Remote
o Marmitek PC Control
o Pearl Q-Sonic Master Remote 6in1
o Niveus PC Remote Control
o Medion RF Remote Control
o Packard Bell RF MCE Remote Control OR32E
o Toshiba PX1246E-1ETC

USB-UIRT http://www.usbuirt.com
RedRat UIRT http://www.redrat.co.uk/

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:06 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

I assume, both Intelliremote and Intelliphone send keystrokes. Two questions.

1. The AlbumPlayer also listens to multimedia key messages. Many remotes also multimedia key messages, are these messages suppressed when Intelliremote and Intelliphone are running? Otherwise a skip command for instance can be executed twice because it is executes on the multimedia key and the generated key-stroke.

2. Which key-strokes did you program? With this knowledge I can create a preset button in AP which apply the settings for both applications with one click.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:56 pm 

Peter van der Burg wrote:
I assume, both Intelliremote and Intelliphone send keystrokes. Two questions.

1. The AlbumPlayer also listens to multimedia key messages. Many remotes also multimedia key messages, are these messages suppressed when Intelliremote and Intelliphone are running? Otherwise a skip command for instance can be executed twice because it is executes on the multimedia key and the generated key-stroke.

2. Which key-strokes did you program? With this knowledge I can create a preset button in AP which apply the settings for both applications with one click.

1. I send keystrokes for things like Info = CTRL+F2 but for Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous I use the Microsoft special Media Keys like found on Multimedia Keyboards. I find it best to use those since almost all media application support those special media keys. Also I have instructions on my website for people using MCE REmotes how to disable the default MSFT behavior and let Intelliremote completely control your remote.

See here: http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6130

2. I followed your 5.0.6 mappings in the help file for the keyboard defaults for Navigation, and like i said i use the standard Media Keys for all Media type events. I was going to make them your keyboard shortcuts but the multimedia keys just feel more correct. Those were the only keyboard shortcuts I could find unless there is a more comprehensive list somewhere?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:08 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

It is good you use the multimedia keys, I just was not sure. The advantage of multimedia keys is that they can not be wrongly assigned. :) So then users only need to set AP shurtcuts to default for some special keys only (if somebody changed them anyway). But with remote in hand and the AP preferences in front, it should be easy for people to bring them to the correct values.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:03 am 

Peter van der Burg wrote:
It is good you use the multimedia keys, I just was not sure. The advantage of multimedia keys is that they can not be wrongly assigned. :) So then users only need to set AP shurtcuts to default for some special keys only (if somebody changed them anyway). But with remote in hand and the AP preferences in front, it should be easy for people to bring them to the correct values.

That is correct. And maybe some people like to map certain remote keys to special functions in AlbumPlayer they can certainly choose to do so. Or call an AutoIt script to do really custom things in AP.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Albumplayer remote control
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:35 am 

Hey
I have a Nokia 5800 mobilefone. On the site "OVI Marked" i downloaded a program to my mobilefone called "Bluetooth Remote Control"
On my PC with Albumplayer running, i have a USB Bluetooth installed, type: Motorola PC850 with AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Now i can controle the Albumplayer by my telefone :lol:

http://store.ovi.com/content/19335?clic ... plications

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:01 am 

Hi.

I am having difficulty getting this going?

I have installed the intellisoftware on my jukebox PC, and it is running. I placed the album player XML file in the profiles directory and selected it.

I am running intelliremote on my iPhone 4.

Nothing seems to happen at all?

The iPhone does connect to the PC, and randomly if I press the printer button on the iPhone, the windows start menu opens, but no control at all of Album Player?

Do I need to do more than just placing the XML folder in the directory and selecting the profile?

Thanks!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

May be you have to assign the key shortcuts in the AP key assignment pages of the preferences. I am not familiar with the intelli remote software

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:27 pm 

Thanks.

I have discovered it is because I am still using the 4.7g version of Album Player (prefer the skin to be honest).

I have had to manually configure for pause/play/previous/next.

I can't seem to find any keyboard shortcuts for the volume on the 4.7g version? Do you happen to know if that would be possible?

Thanks!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:48 pm 

I don't know about the AP version you use, But I have the Iphone 3GS os4.1
and AP 5.2.
I set in de configuration from intelliremote to be sure Ip and port are the same as pc.
First you start intelli on the pc next you start AP.
And the the intelli on de Iphone.
Make sure that AP is the active window on the pc, if you click your mouse foor example on the startbutton or windows explorer, then intelli will switch from AP to the other program and use another configuration set up for that specific program.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:07 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

It can not work with 4.7g because it doesn't have the keyboard shortcut and it does also not support the external interface. The old skin is also available for V5.2 in a bit modified way. See here: http://www.albumplayer.com/skins.htm (scroll almost to bottom)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:12 pm 

Great, thanks.

I will look at upgrading - I recall this should be free as I paid originally.....

I think I tried once before but something did not go as planned and I defaulted backwards again. I can't recall what went wrong.....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:59 pm 

Hi.

I will keep to this thread, but feel free to move or split this topic!

I have upgraded to the latest version, and I have to say it went far easier than when I tried a year or so ago! I have actually had to do nothing other than installing the other skins so I can choose to use the 'classic' skin which I, and my BBQ guests are used to!

I have not looked to use the iPhone remote thingy (forget the name for a moment, wine....).

Just a quick query.

I am using the classic skin which I hoped would be close to my old version. while there are a couple differences, most do not annoy me. The only one I would love to be able to change is the text on the trach which is playing in the playlist. On my old version the text would be italic, bold, white I recall. On this version it is simply bolder than the rest of the list.

I would love to be able to have this as it was as it was far clearer in my opinion. It stood out hwen you walked upto the touch screen.

I wonder if this is possible to alter with any ease?

I would be prepared to do a little work if required!

Thanks for the support so far, it is appreciated, and I am glad I have ugraded, and glad it went with no issues! Remembering all my preferences, playlists, album covers etc. (I am sure I had issues with all of this the last time I tried!).

Great software - I always get comments when we have a friendly gathering!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:51 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

You might able to change the font yourself. The font settings are in the skin. You have to edit the Classic - Default.xml with notepad. You find it in c:\program files\albumplayer\skins50\classic . Open the file with notpad, first search for

<!-- PlayList -->

Then scroll down a bit and look for the section:

Code:
              <Text name="TrackInfoText" left="26" top="12" width="220" height="13" lineHeight="12" anchorLeft="1" anchorTop="1" anchorRight="1" anchorBottom="1" textAlignment="left">
                <Font name="Normal" fontName="Tahoma" size="8" bold="0" italic="0" color="0x585858"/>
                <Font name="Playing" fontName="Tahoma" size="8" bold="1" italic="0" color="0x585858"/>
                <Font name="NotAvailable" fontName="Tahoma" size="8" bold="0" italic="0" strikeout="1" color="0x585858"/>
              </Text>

In that font settings change the fonts to Italic.

Save the file, in Vista/Win7 you need administrator rights to save, but I guess you manage to do that.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:26 am 

Thanks, thats great. I actually altered the classic-touch skin. Easy when you know how :lol:

Thankyou.

Last edited by lectrician on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg