It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:56 am 

ukzappa wrote:
I did put one in the kitchen but my other half had me take it out when I displayed 'Bacon, Egg and Chips Please'! I couldn't see the problem but she took a dim view. Ah, well.

:P Good idea... where can I buy one of those display's? :P :P

Sounds good what you're making ukzappa, Tekman can you post a picture when all's working?

Larry

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:51 pm 

Larrys:

Quote:
Tekman can you post a picture when all's working?

I'll be happy to post a picture.

I recommend ebay if anyone is looking for a sign. I got my BetaBrite 213-C under $70US. I looked today and found two under $50US.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:30 pm 

Larrys:
I thought it a good idea too but trust me, you're entering a world of pain! :shock:
I got mine from eBay too (UK). You don't seem to see many in UK. Mine had been removed from an office building - Alpha 7120C but no software! :cry: circa £50 each.

Tekman:
Received your PM - I'll be in touch ASAP.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:31 am 
AlbumPlayer Graphics Designer

Good to see users that develop addons. Once the new website is online (coming with or shortly after the V5 release), please remind me to put your addon where it belongs - on the addon section of albumplayer.com.

Kind regards!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:10 pm 

The program is just about complete. Here is a picture as it stands at present - it may change slightly (but unlikely).

It is still being tested but looks ok so far (famous last words!).

Jan: It would be great to have it placed in the addon section - I'll remind you!

Tekman: I'll get this version to you shortly so you can do additional testing if you don't mind.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:20 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

I moved this topic to the add-ons section.

As I read it I think this add-on is still based on the old interface. You really should change it to the new interface (which is also available in 4.9g). The part that connects to AP can be left unchanged, but starting from V5 now playing info will not longer be written in the file. Now playing info is send in an XML message. I don't know which Delphi version you are using, but most of the time Delphi includes the TXMLDocument class to easily read the XML. More info you can read here:

http://forum.albumon.com/viewtopic.php?t=729

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:53 pm 

Peter,
I've now recoded to use XML (but not with TXMLDocument as all I could get was access violations!). Now the testing phase begins anew!!

I note that in your XML message, Track is transmitted as one less - track 1, for example, is sent as track 0. Easy for me to correct but I obviously don't want to code it if you are going to correct it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:19 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

It is not a bug. It is just zero indexed. So for displaying you should add 1. By the way, the TXMLDocument should work, it works in AP too.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:05 pm 

Ok. I wasn't sure that was your intention as the old method wasn't indexed at 0.

I'm sure that TXMLDocument would work fine. I suspect that it is my inability to understand it (I'm not alone but that is little comfort). Having spent some time searching I did find that a great many people have problems too. Having limited time, I have had to abandon it at least for the present. Perhaps I'll look again later if I can ever find the time!
In the mean time I've coded it the hard way!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:59 am 

Finally finished!
I have reworked it and it is now fully 'TXMLDocument' compliant etc.
I have also added a 'Fonts' tab.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:01 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Great, then it is now V5 proof. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:06 pm 

Yes, it should be - I'll obviously give it a thorough test with V5 when available.

Thanks to Tekman for helping to test under V4.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:06 pm 

ukzappa:

It was my pleasure to help test. After all, it's the very least I could do.

It wasn't too long ago that I asked the simple question if anybody was using an LED sign with AP. I'm still shaking my head with amazement that you coded an add-on for the AP community without hesitation. Thank you!

Because of the dedicated community efforts of this forum, I decided to purchase AP.

If anybody is wondering, this add-on supports the Alpha and BetaBrite LED signs from Adaptive. http://www.adaptivedisplays.com

Tekman

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:43 pm 

Tekman wrote:
ukzappa:

WOW! Thanks a lot.

I'll PM you with my e-mail address so you can make attachments.

I have no problem hosting the file to share with the AP community, if that's OK with you.

Is this project dead? I have both a serial and a USB version of the BetaBrite sign, and I would love to hook it up to my AlbumPlayer jukebox.

Can someone let me know where I can get this add-on?

Thanks,
Rob

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:18 pm 

No, it is not dead. It may be added to the add-on section shortly now that v5 has been released.

I would like to add an installer first though and include some notes.
However, if you don't mind manually installing and you would like to try it now then I will be happy to email it to you if you PM me with your email address.

Now the bad news. It supports only serial signs as I do not have access to a USB sign. However, you may be able to use a converter and driver. If fact, as my sign is serial and my motherboard only has USB, I use a Prolific converter and driver which installs a COM port. I will look into it and see whether it can be added as an update later.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next