It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: AlbumPlayer over Teamviewer audio
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:00 pm 

First, I'm an extremely satisfied AlbumPlayer customer! GREAT PRODUCT!

So, it was not with an insignificant amount of disappointment when I connected to my AlbumPlayer PC using Teamviewer (another awesome product), I could not get my AlbumPlayer audio to stream over the connection!

I found that other audio sources streamed fine over this connection (such as Live365, a web-based radio broadcast and computer-generated sounds), but just AlbumPlayer would not.

I'm hoping that there is some obscure setting in AlbumPlayer (or possibly the audio driver) that is causing this!! Please let me know if you have any ideas/hunches to point me in the right direction. I'm a notch or two above "noob" when it comes to computer audio, so I'm reaching out to the more experienced computer audiophiles in this forum.

Thank you for your help!!

System:
Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel i7 w/8GB RAM
Ayre Acoustics QB-9 DSD DAC
Anthem Statement P2 amp
Bowers & Wilkins 805D2 speakers

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: AlbumPlayer over Teamviewer audio
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:35 pm 

Discovered that the Teamviewer audio is muted ONLY when ASIO support is turned on in AlbumPlayer using the Thesycon USB Audio driver.... One more piece to the puzzle....

Any help is appreciated....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:35 pm 

AP doesn't process the audio data itself, so I suspect you have a driver issue. Does the asio control panel come up? Also, can you try the ASIO4ALL driver? I'm not an expert on this topic but it could help, or at least give more information about the problem.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:56 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

For me it is not clear if you mention this as a problem using the regular audio device or ASIO (or both)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:31 pm 

Peter van der Burg wrote:
For me it is not clear if you mention this as a problem using the regular audio device or ASIO (or both)

Thank you Peter for the response! It's only a problem when using ASIO. When I use the default driver, the audio transmits fine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:33 pm 

xblkx wrote:
AP doesn't process the audio data itself, so I suspect you have a driver issue. Does the asio control panel come up? Also, can you try the ASIO4ALL driver? I'm not an expert on this topic but it could help, or at least give more information about the problem.

I use the Thesycon driver for the DSD support. ASIO4ALL does not support DSD, to my knowledge.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:41 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

I know it is not an answer to your question (I also don't have one because I don't know why ASIO doesn't work with teamviewer), but why not use the regular output. As far as I know teamviewer use compression so bitperfect is not achieved anyhow.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg