It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Remote iTunes connection problems (again)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:33 pm 

Hi all,

for the 6 months or so I have not been able to connect with my Android HTC One phone or my Samsung Tab2 10.1 Android tablet anymore. It used to work fine.
I have opened the ports on my BT Homehub4 as advised.
I cannot do the http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:3689/server-info check as my phone & tablet wont allow it. I can just put the routerer IP in both browsers and it connects to the router no problems, but as soon as I add the :3689 etc the connection drops saying "Web page not available".
I can still browse the internet though?
Also, when I touch iTunes on either Androids, I get the Pair number come up and also the window on Albumplayer pops up to type the number into so its communicating with it to an extent. I also can get a list of all the album genres on the iTunes remote handsets and the track playing displays on bothe handsets, but I cant control either and the busy icon shows as though they're searching for albums and the it says no connection, retry and then it hangs. I find it odd the same happens on both phone and tablet.
I have just unistalled AP and downloaded the full version and installed it again hoping, but to no avail. Still no connection. I have taken the music/AP PC off the wired network and put a wifi dongle into it so I have tried via wifi and wired PC, obviously all attempts are made by wifi on my phone and tablet. They can both access the internet fine on my home wifi network.
Can anybody shed any light on this please. It saddens me after previously using the iTunes remote to control my AP :-(

Attachments:
File comment: message on both Android HTC One phone and Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1
iTunes not connecting to router.jpg
iTunes not connecting to router.jpg [ 72.71 KiB | Viewed 1421 times ]
Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Remote iTunes connection problems (again)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:50 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Please try it again (I understand it still won't work) but then after it goes wrong, please get the latest 2 or 3 logfiles from c:\albumplayerdata\logging\tunesremote and send it to support@albumplayer.com . Maybe there is something to see.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:09 pm 

Peter van der Burg wrote:
Please try it again (I understand it still won't work) but then after it goes wrong, please get the latest 2 or 3 logfiles from c:\albumplayerdata\logging\tunesremote and send it to support@albumplayer.com . Maybe there is something to see.

you have email, my c:\albumplayerdata\logging\tunesremote is just an empty c:\albumplayerdata\ folder? :-( with no logging or tunesremote folders inside nor log files

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:13 am 

Another thing I noticed yesterday with my iTunes remote, if I got my remote (phone or tablet) and PC to the stage when I input the pairing number, as soon as it was entered on the PC my remote would stop working, saying "wifi connection lost" and retry connecting then it would hang. I have reinstalled the iTunes remote app on my phone and tablet but still the same. I have uninstalled then reinstalled Albumplayer but still the same. On my phone I sometimes get to the stage where it populates all the albums names but stays showing busy whilst I presume searching to populate the blank cover art, then it hangs. This is getting me to maybe think it just cant work with 8,000+ albums? Could this be the problem? :cry:

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg