It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Install on Win7-64 failed.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:06 pm 

I have a HTPC with Windows 7-64Bit. When I try to install AP it will come with a warning I have to install .NET 2.0 and it downloads a .NET .exe.

However this is the 32-Bit version and will not install. I do have .NET 4.5 allready installed but AP does not seem to care!

Anyway, the install will not continue. Is there a way to install AP on Windows 7-64Bit or do I have to stop my efforts and install iTunes or maybe someone else has another suggestion?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:38 pm 

here you go http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download ... px?id=6523

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:51 am 

wobbly wrote:

Thank you but I have tried this already. But since version 4.5x is already installed i get a error that I cannot install V2.0 because it says the product is installed allready.

So I have a Windows 7-64Bit PC with .NET 4.5 (via system updates installed) and I like to install AP without messing up my HTPC.

Another solution maybe?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:36 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Installation of .NET 4.5 doesn't include .NET 2.0. You have to install .NET 2.0 separately next to .NET 4.5.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:14 pm 

Hello,

When I try to install 2.0 I get a message that the product is already installed.

Other suggestions?

Best regards.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:22 pm 

Can you do a repair install, or uninstall it from control panel and then try reinstalling it?
There might be a way to trick it into thinking it's not installed using a registry hack but you'll have to google for that.... good luck, I hate problems like this and sympthathize with your frustration. Unfortunately you're just going to have to keep researching it online until you find the fix. Try googling "can't reinstall .net 2" and look at the first few results. Those looked promising.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:10 pm 

Everyone thanks for the tips. I am using Windows 8 now on another Pc and it did install.

I did however install .NET first by choosing to install option under windows. If you go to control panel and then Programs there is on the left side a link to add option to Windows. If you install .NET from there it will probably work to under Windows 7. I might try this later and report back.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg