It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:04 pm 

It is.

I use utlramon to display dual wallpapers. Windows can do it but it doesnt like the different resolutions of the two screens. I created the hi-res vector artwork myself if anyone wants it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:27 pm 

Did not know you could use two monitors with AP. Very nice clean job. I love it!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:55 pm 

I'm also very impressed...beautifull work with the wooden box and everything... :D

I'm planning to make something like it, but in different materials, perhaps wood and stainless stell...I'm a blacksmith :wink:

How did you make the nice rounded corners on the box...?

I would very much like to have a copy of your vectorbased wallpapers, that looks pretty proof, will you PM them to me ?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:03 pm 

This is truly impressive! I'm confused however on how exactly your accomplishing this. I am in the process of planning a jukebox build using album player as well and really like what you have done. But i'm having a hard time figureing out from your photos what is doing what.

First the front of your jukebox. Does that change? Is that a static picture or a digital image that changes?

Second from the photo of the back shoing the innerds to your juke. Is it one laptop running multiple displays? If so I don't see the actual keyboard from the laptop so i'm interested in how you have things mounted inside.

I was planning on using a 15.4 inch laptop myself and adding in a usb touch screen kit found on ebay. then detaching the screen and flipping it around, then mounting the "body" of the laptop below the screen. But I really like the dual screen idea! Where would I be able to get a small 10 inch screen that I could hook up to a laptop?

Also The front of your jukebox is really nice looking. How exactly do you achive this look and effect?

I'm sorry for the million questions. I hope they are some what easy to understand :)

Again nice job on this build. It's really making me rethink my approach!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:57 pm 

Very nice. Are you using a wood veneer or wallpaper for the exterior? I can see the inside is MDF, but it hard to tell from the outside pics if that is real wood or not.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Wall Mount Jukebox
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:02 pm 

The case is made from birch plywood, waxed and polished. The mdf is for supporting the laptop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:42 pm 

Looks totally awesome and a fantastic job mate...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:03 pm 

Thanks. I've made a few more of these since I posted these pictures. Not much has changed to look at, I've added led's up the sides and a rebate to allow the light to shine through whilst hiding the clear acrylic. I now prefer to use black acrylic to finish the jukebox. I no longer use netbooks to power the jukebox. They are ok but a little underpowered. I now only use minimum dual core machines.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:33 pm 

andimayfield wrote:
Thanks. I've made a few more of these since I posted these pictures. Not much has changed to look at, I've added led's up the sides and a rebate to allow the light to shine through whilst hiding the clear acrylic. I now prefer to use black acrylic to finish the jukebox. I no longer use netbooks to power the jukebox. They are ok but a little underpowered. I now only use minimum dual core machines.

One hell of a job your doing chap. I can understand you not using notebooks and I am not a fan of them or even laptops to be honest and would not even buy such a thing as either of those. I am a Desktop man myself.

But for AP I can understand how they would work pretty well in the way your building these really super Jukeboxes. They certainly look the business and your doing a top professional job on them in my eyes.

To be perfectly honest I would of thought even and old hat Desktop PC would run such a thing as it's only used for AP. But understand your logic in being a bit more up to date perhaps so the machine is running more sufficiently.

Really enjoy these creations that have been done with AP by all here in the forum and you certainly should have the right to be proud of them. No doubt in my mind ever since I discovered Peters creation back in about 2005 now if I remember rightly. Not even today is there a better MP3 player out there that is capable of keeping my record collection in exact order how I love it.

I don't have no Jukebox as amazing as what you have done here and put your heart and soul into creating here. I do not even have any touch screen monitor apart from my Sammy Galaxy S3 phone and just run AP from my Desktop PC to which I did build myself and have even built many for other peeps in my local area from word of mouth recommendations sort of thing. Hell I even got the money to build my own PC from doing computer repairs and having old towers given me to which I stripped down and sold all the parts individually on ebay.

But even though I am proud of being able to do that to some degree which is all perhaps a bit simple in reality and do make a bit of bucks in my spare time in helping others. I certainly could not build something like you have here chap.

This is really super stuff and I love to see the creations that all are doing with AP. I am a big AP fan and if I had the bucks I might be knocking on your door someday to build me something as marvellous as this mate, and in all honesty I hope you make a killing from it, cause this is really well crafted work and looks the Bizzo in my books.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:53 am 

Great work!!!

Can I ask what software you are using to generate / display the cd cover images and titles/track info in the upper screen?

Keep up the good work!

CHEERS!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:09 pm 

I'm still intrigued by your build! I'd love someday to give something like this a try. Looking at your photos of the inside equipment closer It looks like the top screen is the actual computer is this correct? If so are you taking the keyboard off?

Also where do you get the touch screen monitors that are used for the bottom screen? I'd be interested to see how much something like this would cost to try and put together. Also where do you get the acirlic from and is it easy to work with? I'm still trying to figure out how you get the image on the front acyrlic to match up with the upper screen :wink: I just finished my basement and some day I'd like to some day build something like this if I could do it close to as nice as what you accomplish here. But depending on how much it would end up costing. Right now I have an older dell inspiron all in one touch screen pc mounted on the wall. While it works and does the job nicely I'd still like to build something a bit more sophisticated looking!

Thank you for any further information you could provide a noob at building things like this. I do however have a lot of experiance with computers inside and out. Here is my email if you would prefer to hit me up there if at all possible. gciszewski@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg Go to page Previous  1, 2