It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:04 am 

Just copy the file from the backup to C:\AlbumPlayerData (or where ever it is that you have the working copy of the database).

The backup is just a copy of this directory in another location, in case something goes wrong.

Don't just point the location of the database to the backup location.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:46 am 

Hi there xblkx,

I pm-ed Peter about this and got the same answer as you just did, so i'm back on my feet again.
But i'm still troubleshouting though, when i acces the artist database Albumplayer freezes up on me and gets stuck.
I need to shut down AP and start her up all over.
I'm completely in the dark about this and i hope you guys can give me some clues.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:53 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

In c:\albumplayerdata there is a file albums.mdb . You can send it to support@albumplayer.com to see if the database itself has a problem. Please put it in a ZIP file before sending

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:10 am 

Thanks Peter, i'll do this as soon as possible.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:00 pm 

If you don't mind having to set up your preferences again, you can quit AP, delete the albumplayer.ini file and restart AP. I have had some unexplainable problems that had no apparent cause and no apparent solution, and on deleting that file, and going back to my preferred preferences, never had any problem ever again. If you save a copy, you can always put it back if this doesn't help.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:24 pm 

I'd like to try that, but where do i find that particular file xblkx?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:52 am 

Hi Paul,

Although off topic, you can also make 'screenshots' with your computer, that is a more efficient and convenient way then making photos of your display. :)

Windows itself provides a tool called 'Windows Knip' (desktop accessory) and if it is not available there are many free solutions like:

http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

You got a serious audio system, if you are converted to computer based audio I can also recommend you to try:

- Dirac Live (NL)

- Dirac Live (ENG)

I am using it with AP and there is no way back.

smartdriver wrote:
Hello xblkx,

I'm doing as ordered :lol:
The disk i use is the same disk i rip my cd's to with EAC.

This is what my screen looks like;

Something is making me curious though, when i see the estimated time to make the transfer i'm puzzeled because it took me 8 hours to upload and now nearly 20 hours to download, even the transferspeed is cut in half :shock:

And i already played (the original ripped files) from my external drive, it didn't make a difference :(
Is there a remote possibility that windows on my laptop is acting up?

EDIT!

This is what my screen (taskmanager- network) looked like when it was uploading from NAS to external harddisk;

IMAGE REMOVED

This what the same screen showed when playing from NAS, the mess is when i changed the settings in AP for Asio;

IMAGE REMOVED

The screen was very different when i was playing music from the NAS before, i already wrote that it didn't came above 25% bandwith...?

Next screen is also from the taskmanager but then processes, it took me 2 photo's to show you the 46 items;

IMAGES REMOVED

I also notice that when i'm changing views on the laptop or accessing taskmanager there audiofailures.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:07 am 

Albumplayer.ini is in the database directory, typically c:\albumplayerdata

Sorry for the late reply. I've been too busy to visit lately....

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Sorting
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:08 pm 

I use much the same system as Artist folder>album folder..
But is does leave a lot of folders, especially if you collect mixed artists CDs.
So I use the 'genre tag' as the first step, then artist, then album..it does mean an extra step, but it also means not so many folders..like you I rip to WAV, but I have a good speaker set-up attached direct to the computer...I have just under 2TB of files, so I've found this the best way, at least for my preference.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:03 am 

Been very busy this winter so apologies for my very late respons!

I'm having trouble with AP at the moment and this gets me puzzled.
When i download tracks and put them in a designated folder on the NAS, AP scans them all but won't show them in recently added tracks, therefor they do not appear on AP.
This happens with more then 60% of the downloaded albums/tracks.
Where did i go wrong :roll:

I've send Peter my database the day before yesterday but he's on a holliday so that's covered but will take a wile.

@ xblkx; i tried your method, no luck.

Cheers

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:28 pm 

Problem solved with help from Peter abroad.
After deleting one new folder on the NAS with 2 albums from The Police (MFSL) with dateformat problems AP got going again and read the remaning batch of about 750 tracks without any hickups whatsoever .

:D

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: help needed, musiclover needs computerskills
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:24 am 

Hi there,

Still very happy with AP even though i run V5.3
But there are changes made in my hifi setup with very good results and great sound quality.

I've build a DDDAC1794 NOS, for those who do not understand, it's the dac from Doede Douma.
A very very good one if a may say so.
http://www.dddac.com

The dac in basic setup runs with a small usb board (wave-io) that "translates) usb to I2S and that feeds this musical dac, but time has crept upon this wave-io board and the Raspberry pi 3 with a "hat" and is now capable of streaming music directly outputting I2S into this wonderful dac.

So, here we go.

The Raspberry pi aka RPI is now far better than its predecessors and capable of running a core version of Windows 10, so i read.
As you already know, i'm not into computers so i would like to ask you if it would be possible to run AP on this new RPI?

Why i ask this is because every (freeware) program available to play music on a RPI like VOLUMIO, RUNE, etc do not give the proper "bitperfect" playback.
There is only one good software package available, ROON, which will set you back 119,= US dollars per year.
It is great for music but also has lots and lots of bells and whistles which i don't use but pay for.

Wouldn't it be great to get AP in some kind of shape or form running on the new RPI.

Hope to hear from you.....

Paul :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3