It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Albumplayer 6 - Playlist on Left and Album Art (like 5.3)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:08 pm 

First off I want to say I know that albumplayer is the ultimate player on any platform. I use it on a mac with crossover and it outperforms everything. It really is genius. Thank you again Peter!

I have not yet updated to version 6 but I noticed the playlist is no longer integrated and the album art is big. I use the smallest album art possible and I have 30 inch screens so I can see as much of my collection as possible because I know what the albums are... even with very small thumbnails.

I heard there is a v5 that addresses some of the album art issues, but does this being the integrated left side playlist back?

Also is anyone using v6 on the mac?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Albumplayer 6 - Playlist on Left and Album Art (like 5.3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:56 am 

"I heard there is a v5 that addresses some of the album art issues, but does this being the integrated left side playlist back?"

All V5 versions have playlist integrated on the left. If you meant V6, then no.

In my experience the main difference between V5 and V6 are the lack of skins in V6. This basically limits you to the grey interface in V6 and the split of Playlist and playing media. Personally I have also found V6 to be less stable and doesn't seem to handle large collection views as elegantly.

Having said that, many people have expressed a preference for V6. Personally I have remained with V5 at least until any more skins are available. Peter has been absent for a while now so I doubt if that will happen anytime soon.

Unless something attracts you to the V6 interface I would say stick with V5 right now.

Glenn

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg