It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: automatic bio updates and black thumbnails
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:17 pm 

hi,

1. I am trying to understand why my "access to internet ", "automatic bio updates" and "add additional images" are all unchecked but AP keeps updating every artist bio and images each time I am turning my internet connection on. It happens everytime and I must revert to my DBase backup each time to cancel this. Is there a way to turn this off ?

2. AP keeps returning black thumbnails instead of my images after 10 minutes playing. My images are not larger than 250px X 250 px thou. I have a large collection of 9500 albums. I found in the FAQ the following advice "if you have a larger collection then 1000 albums. Try to avoid to use the ALL collection as the default one. The AP tries to load all covers in memory for scrolling. A good habit is to put all your favorits in the favorites collection, then use Search to find albums. Also using genre, periods or custom-collections is a good way to go through your albums."

There is actually no reason to think about splitting my collection into segments or categorize it by "genres" or "favorite albums" or whatever. It will take days and days just to avoid a problem that never existed in the previous versions.
Any advice is more than welcome for the 2 problems.
thank you

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: automatic bio updates and black thumbnails
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:36 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

1. Here I need some work to do probably. I think settings are not checked properly on all places regarding internet access.

2. First to say, when using the ALL collection, the AP tries to load 9600 covers into memory! V6 has larger covers by default (you can choose smaller like the size in V5.3). That means a lot of memory needed and that can cause trouble. What I need to add is management that you can limit the amount of covers in memory. It means that covers sometimes are released from memory and loaded later when scrolling into memory (showing black cover first during load), but then at least it doesn't run out of memory. Personally I never use the ALL collection because to me it doesn't make sense to approach my collection in that way. I use the favorites, the custom collections, periods and of course the search function. But that is of course a matter of taste.:)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg