It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Is V5.3 still available to a new user??????????!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:09 am 

I have been building a dual monitor (1 touch screen,1 conventional) juke box with custom cabinet and finish. The trial version of V5.3 pretty much sold me on Album Player.......so when I came to make my purchase this evening I find a new version (V6), not offering many of the very things that attracted me to Album Player. Is it possible to get V5.3 with a license or is it completely gone???.....I surely hate having to start a new search for other software at this point, especially when V5.3 was so appealing!!!!!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Is V5.3 still available to a new user??????????!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:20 am 

i just found that album player 6 has a V5.3 skin you can switch too

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:24 am 

set in main display tab of advanced prefs

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:25 am 

set in main display tab of advanced prefs give it a try

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:00 am 

Although, not to offend the artist who invented AP, one has to wonder if you'd really want to move to V.6, if you're gonna use the V5 layout in the end, for now that is. On my system, I'm having stability issues that were not there at all with 5.3, but I know there's a LOT of work that's being done, so my respects to the genius who's behind it! I'm one of those who ended up choosing the V5 layout, so I guess we "feel it more" than if I was just starting off with AP.

There's one thing I just LOVE, it is choosing more than just ONE of my playlists to AutoDJ from :)

One thing I DO miss in the new layout, is the lack of CD Cases and Vinyl Sleeves, that I just knew at a glance which one was which... I have hundreds of my vinyls Ripped off to digital, plus those that I've picked up here and there. But I'm off-topic.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:17 am 

I feel betrayed by the developers of album player, it was a deliberate choice to purchase album player because of its unique layout, version 6 lacks everything I so appreciate in version 5.3.
Especially the fantastic view of all albums in my 24 "monitor is missing completely, first I had 60 albums (10x6) on the screen, complete with visualization of CDs or LPs.
Now I have a disgusting sober black screen with giant images of albums but whether it is an LP or CD?

And all the efforts to scan the booklets of the CD's are useless, you can NOT BROWSE to the booklet pictures, a complete database of albums with booklet scans is USELESS.

It would be wise to make the skins from version 5.3 available again in version 6 so I can use the Nostalgia Touch - Small Cover skin again including the self-assign buttons on the top bar.
Just now I feels like I've gone back from a Rolls Royce to an Opel Kadett, and I feel absolutely betrayed with this XBMC lookalike screen, and so is an unique player killed and looks now likes all the other stuff I don't want.

And so i will stay with version 5.3.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:13 pm 

you can set small covers in v6 5.3 skin too

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:42 pm 

wobbly wrote:
you can set small covers in v6 5.3 skin too

Okay I have found it, the Album.apf files are not imported all pictures, only front.jpg.
And with a total of more than 2600 albums that is a big problem, i must edit the album pictures, when i open the edit screen, all the pictures are there, i click save and i have my pictures back, and that for more than 2600 albums.

I don't like Piano Black but it is more preferable then that awful Music Center layout which in my opinion has NOTHING to do with music.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:53 pm 

from albumplayer websiet
I still like to use V5.3, how can I get my original registration information?
For people who originally ordered V5.3 or an previous version, you can get your V5.3 registration info here.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:48 am 

wobbly wrote:
from albumplayer websiet
I still like to use V5.3, how can I get my original registration information?
For people who originally ordered V5.3 or an previous version, you can get your V5.3 registration info here.

Always safe your registration info, save it or print it out, I always kept the original installation files and e-mail digital printouts (use PDF Creator) digital stored on a safe place, never the need to go after the registration info.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:28 pm 

Actually my question remains un-answered. I have not bought any version of Album Player as of yet. I do have the setup files for V5.3......when I recently went to make my purchase I found V6. My attraction to Album Player was the features of V5.3 not so much with V6.

The question remains, if I purchase V6 can I use that license to install V5.3? Is V5.3 completely dead??? I certainly hope not.....if so I will have to find another player.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:00 pm 

Tussenwiel wrote:
Especially the fantastic view of all albums in my 24 "monitor is missing completely, first I had 60 albums (10x6) on the screen, complete with visualization of CDs or LPs.
Now I have a disgusting sober black screen with giant images of albums but whether it is an LP or CD?

Hello Tussenwiel,
The CD's and LP's look for covers and the booklet is one of the reasons for me to buy AlbumPlayer.
The booklet is gone and I feel too bad about it but not enough to lose albumplayer. I think with the pictures That Peter still can at functionality to booklet covers and inside pictures.

The looks for LP and CD case, I put for myself a second CD case in in replacement for the radio covers for the use for CD Single's in V5
I think its not impossible too bring this back again in V6.

Peter is still working on this for a very long time. And V6 is or me better then V5 but I hope also that above will be back.

Greetz Selxi

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:05 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

By sending email to support@albumplayer.com you can request for a V5.3 license key if you ordered a V6 key.

I really like to work on getting back the most important V5.3 skins into V6. The booklet will be disappeared anyhow, because it was really to small on higher resolution screens, but the info is still there. It is only full screen instead.

I am also willing to look at replacing the square covers by the media boxes (lp-sleeves, and cd-boxes), but I might need support of a graphics designer.

But I have one request, can we get the discussion a little bit more constructive. Using terms like "betrayed" etc. is not necessary , actually it demotivates to continue AlbumPlayer development, which is still as most an hobby for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:10 pm 

Hello Peter, I hope you have a good holiday season. Please still be motivated on Albumplayer because I think it is still the best out there. I only hope that the long term users will see the work you put in there on your own. Because what you accomplish alone is still far beter then other commercials like iTunes with teams behind it. Never ITunesshit etc.
Keep on the good work.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:12 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Thanks for your support

As long as people can reply respectful and constructive I am always willing to listen. I know the long term users always did. I build V6 together with 150 beta testers, in general they were all happy with new functions available in V6. But not everybody can be happy who now join V6, there too many opinions, but there is always a way to see how things might be improved or changed.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg Go to page 1, 2  Next