It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Show track artists in artist tab?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:28 am 

I am playing around with the demo currently. I decided to try loading a few hundred albums into AP. Most are greatest hits or various artist compilations. The various artist compilations use the artist tag and the album artist tag. I noticed that AP can read both tags as it will allow me to do additional look up info for bio and artwork for track artists.

I am a little confused on how to get these track artists to show up under the artist tab. For example, instead of all the artists that are on the various artists compilations being listed, it is only listing the album artist, which is Various Artists. Is there a setting somewhere I can change so it lists all the track artists (id3 artist field) and not just album artists? This would be so much more handy seeing that AP already goes through the extra effort of allow me to look up and get all the individual info from last.fm. :D

Thank you for your response.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:45 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

In the next version also track artist can show up in the track artist tab. Also will be visible in the artist overview in which albums the artist also appears. So additional to the artist albums the various artist albums will also be shown in an artist overview.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg