It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: copy selection to external drive
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:06 pm 

hello
this is a suggestion I already mentioned in the past but this option was not added in the previous AP release. This is actually very useful. I (and probably many other users) frequently copy entire folders to a usb flashdrive to enjoy the music in the car or to my mp3 player. The problem is that to fill a usb flashdrive or a mp3 player you have to browse your music via the windows explorer in order to select/copy. It takes such a long time in windows explorer (in my case because I have many folders) to display all the albums with the picture sleeves from A to Z. It would be so much easier within AP to directly right click on the covert art and have a function "copy to + select drive". It's presently impossible to copy directly from AP to another drive except by clicking on "open location" on one album ... but in this case you are already in the folder itself and only access the songs within the folder. So if you want to copy mutliple folders to an external drive it's impossible via AP. I encounter this complication every week and I must leave AP in order to fill my mp3 player via windows explorer instead. Thank you

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:01 pm 

As a future feature, I'd like to be able to do this in an even more flexible manner:
I'd like to be able to export tracks from AP into other programs (such as something to burn a CD, or a program that converts FLAC to MP3) or to another drive+folder as you requested.
Allowing this from anywhere within AP, both from albums and from the playlist, would make it easy to make portions of my collection that I want to play in my car much easier.
At present, I do this one file at a time using windows explorer (AP does make it come up for albums if you right click + Open Album Directory, which helps).

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:35 am 

hello xblkx
I totally agree with you, this sounds even more appropriate :roll:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:42 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

I will think of this in future. I actually have the need myself too. Currently in AP there is an option to drag files out of AP, but I am thinking of discontinuing this feature and make a better export option instead. There would be more control then just dragging.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:46 am 

Even better would be to export a complete playlist to another drive. I mean: You make a playlist in Albumplayer, and then there is an option like: "export playlist to...".

Greetzz....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:41 pm 

:D

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg