It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Prelistening
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:24 pm 

Hi Peter,

some time ago you have planned to inculde a prelistening function for headphones. Now I noticed that you removed it from the roadmap and I really wonder if there ever will be the possibility to listen to a song with a second soundcard?

Another useful thing for DJs would be to add something like a scond playlist, so that you can fade between two tracks. That would be really great! I hope you agree ; )

Best regards,
Jacob

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:01 pm 

In my opinion AP is not suitable for DJ-ing. You need totally different features for that that don't 'fit' AP.
Did you try Mixx (www.mixxx.org)?
It is free and made for DJ-ing. It has the prelisten mode you like, effects, sampler, pitch control (VERY important) and support for controllers.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 pm 

Many thanks for your reply! I didn't try Mixx yet, but definitely will...

Anyway I would be very happy, if AP had some rudimentary DJ-ing features...we got very used to its interface in our pub and don't want to change if avoidable. Prelistening would be awesome, the rest just a secondary thing...but also nice :D

Since we mainly listen to some jazz, lot of rock, metal, alternative but almost no electronic music we actually do not need pro DJ-ing stuff. May be there are some other users with similar needs.

And who knows which features Peters new version will provide...maybe it 'fits' then :wink:

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg