It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Web Radio / Adding stations
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:00 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

I sometimes get the question how to add radio stations and how to find links. Therefore some explanation here.

To add radio station, go to the collection editor choose Edit / New Web Radio Album. Give it a title and then click ok to get into the Album Editor. Then below the track list choose Add Link to add a web radio stream.

To find web radio streams I use URL Snooper. http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/M ... index.html

Install it, run it and in the left top drop down list choose Multimedia URL's . Then open a website containing streams like Shoutcast: http://www.shoutcast.com/ . Then start to URL snooper by choosing Sniff Network . Then choose the desired Web Stream and you will see appear in URL Snooper the link to the playlist (for instance a link ending on .pls) . Copy that URL in the Add Link dialog. Save it and close the album editor.

To find your Web Radio album. Choose the "Radio" collection from the "More" collection menu or from a direct button if you customized it that way. You can also let Web Radio albums appear in normal album collections. Then go to the preferences and choose the page Presentation. There uncheck the option "Show Web Radio "Albums" only in Radio and Custom Collections.

I hope this explanation helps. I do not guarantee all stream work but I am sure there are a lot that do.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:19 pm 

Many Thanks for this excellent advice. I have now set up my Album player to play all the BBC Radio stations here in the UK. They all work perfectly.
:D :D :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:31 pm 

I found this site that could be helpful in finding the URL for a radio station that has a listen live link that goes to a flash player. It shows the actual URL to the audio stream.

Radio Locator

Listed under Audio Feed is the url to the stream file. You can't copy the url but you can highlight it and copy. For the urls that are cut short, sometimes you can use the base url (eg http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/) then click the link and append the file name it tries to download. Some are just cut too short.

I tried using the url sniffer but all it gave me was the swf file.

You can also try http://www.thestreamcenter.com/ and use the Listen Live url.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Radio - scrobble
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:56 am 

i added some webradio-stations. Yet i cant figure out 2 things:
1) how to scrobble songs played from radio
2) how to show song information in "Album Player Mini Window"
3) despite 1-2, AP shows correct NowPlaying information
lastfm:
MiniWindow
NowPlaying
Album Editor window:

How to fix this?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:15 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

What is shown ion the playlist is just the channel you selected. Nothing wrong with that to my believe. If there is any song tagging in the stream I agree that it would use that information to use for the scrobbling.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:08 am 

Ok i agree with that.. probably, it makes sense to show radio station ion the playlist view.

What can i do to make AP scrobble information shown on the NowPlaying window? (marked with green color on the picture: Accuser - Evil Liar)

ADD:

My Prefences->General->Now Playing TextInfo

This option works perfectly with my mp3 tracks. This is what i see (bitrate info as expected)
But doesnt work with radio stations. This is what i see (no bitrate information)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:41 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

At this moment I can not tell you if I can get this information from the music player kernel. Also I am completely rebuilding some parts of AP. Before that is finished I can not work on this subject, but by the time there is a beta version available (after some months from now) you can make me remember this to look at it. If the info is there then I can present it.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg