It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Album Player 6 Freezing
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:46 pm 

I am having to add all of my albums (5000) of them back into albumplayer as it would not convert correctly from 5.3. Biggest problem was with the album covers. Changing 1 cover on an album changed the cover on multiple albums. Starting from scratch has solved that problem but it is a long tedious job bringing the albums back in. Only good thing out of it is that I am straightening out the tags with MP3 Tag Editor and updating all albums so that they have the correct information. The problem I am facing now is that when adding albums, the software will lock up periodically forcing me to force quit the program. When I go back in all is working again. This does not happen every time but enough to where it is an issue. I am listening to music while importing the albums when it happens. I am running an Intel system by Lenovo. Intel quad core i5-3470 3.2ghz and 8 gigs of ram. Intel Graphics built in and Realtek audio built in. This is a decent system. Don't think it is hardware related as I had similar issues with random crashes with 5.3 on an AMD system that was custom built that was a much faster system. Any thoughts out there as to what might be causing this.

As always, This is the best software out there and I am liking V 6.0 more and more as I get to know the ins and outs of it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Album Player 6 Freezing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:54 am 

I still continue to have problems with Album Player freezing when adding albums. When the program is looking to check the folders for cover art and adjust the volume of each track the program freezes. This happens more often than not. I am not sure what is happening. The computer does not freeze, It is definitely the program. Even when listening to music the program freezes and I have to use task manager to quit and then I can go back in. I have 8 gigs of memory in this system. I am thinking there is a memory leak in the program. I do not know this to be fact, but only thing I can come up with. I can add more memory to help solve but before I spend the money I would like to know if I am looking in the right direction to solve this. There are 3000 albums so far re entered and 300 Video files. I have another 2000 albums or so to enter and now considering going back to 5.3. Please someone help me with this.

Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg