It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cannot get Artist Database to update
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:49 am 

I just did a clean install of a Windows 7 system on a new PC for the purpose of V 6.0. I was having all sorts of problems with updating 5.3 on my other database and decided to start from scratch. This time around all is working better and I actually like a lot of the changes and sum I am getting used to. I like the Artist Database info much better and want to utilize it going forward. Unfortunately I get an error message that prohibits me from populating this database.

Start lookup for 1 artist(s).
Lookup artist '10 Years' ...
Failed. Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Lookup finished.

This happens on all Artists in the database and it is set to automatically lookup in Preferences. Can someone guide me to getting this to work.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Cannot get Artist Database to update
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:31 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

It looks the .NET framework is not properly installed. Please try to get latest .NET framework installed for your windows installation.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Cannot get Artist Database to update
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:33 am 

Thanks Peter. Working now. I like this feature more so in 6 than in 5.3. Can you add images to the artist database or are you limited to what is available online?

Converting from 5.3 to 6 nothing but issues. Mostly covers not showing. So I am now undertaking the tedious process of entering the albums again one by one and creating the database from scratch. 5,000 albums, singles and videos. Doing so the album covers have been showing with no problem. If I use the database information from 5.3 then it comes up a black cover. If I try to update the cover, It will... but changes the cover for not just the one album but for many albums in the collection to the same cover. Frustrating but again starting from scratch has resolved the problem.

The program looks great. Thank you for all your hard work and effort.

Bill

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg