It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Automatic Updating of Artist Database
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:15 am 

I am currently testing v6. At first, every time I played an album or viewed the album info, AP was automatically adding the artist to the Artist Database and downloading their biography and image from the Internet. It did this even though the Automatic Lookup options were unchecked (in the Artist Database), and Internet access was disabled in the preferences. After using AP for a while it somehow took off and scanned through all artists, including those on "various" albums. Is this a bug? I hope it isn't supposed to do this. I don't want it updating the database or downloading images unless I tell it to. Thanks.

Update: I found another post in the General section where someone asked basically the same question. The title is "automatic bio updates and black thumbnails". From Peter's answer, sounds like it probably is a bug. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Automatic Updating of Artist Database
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:28 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

The "bug" is that, there is still internet access from some places while internet access is disabled.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Automatic Updating of Artist Database
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:24 pm 

Peter van der Burg wrote:
The "bug" is that, there is still internet access from some places while internet access is disabled.

Don't forget that the Automatic Lookup options are disabled too, so it's like a double bug.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg