It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sorting Artists by Genre with Buttons
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:42 am 

I'm trying to group albums by genre but would like to view the artists within each genre as a grid of buttons (not album grid with covers). Right now I can use the default genre collection tab (top of screen) to view a grid of genre buttons (perfect so far...) but clicking on one of the genre buttons goes to the album grid for that genre (sorted by artist grouped). I like to view artist names as buttons exactly the way the default "Artist" tab works since this view allows many artists to be listed on a single screen (less scrolling). All of my genre tags are meticulously organized by the way. I've tried to create custom collections (1 for each genre) but still goes straight to album grid after clicking a specific genre (custom collection).

Is this anyway possible? Sry for lengthy post...

Oh, btw I'm using AP version 5.3e since the all-in-one touchscreen PC is installed in a fully restored classic jukebox and the nostalgia skin is the perfect compliment to the jukebox.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Sorting Artists by Genre with Buttons
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:36 am 

Anybody any advice on this? Just want to see artist names listed as buttons after selecting a genre (exactly as in the "Artist" tab at the top of the screen). Version 5.3e

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:56 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

There is not a grouping like that. Not in V5.3 and not in V6.

By the way, still like to get the most popular V5.3 skins to work in V6 also nostalgica.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:59 pm 

Thats too bad. Aside from this 1 issue AP is absolutely perfect in my restored vintage Jukebox. I have approx. 6300 albums with each track meticulously tagged by genre but viewing the artist names by genre is A LOT of scrolling in album grid view especially for visitors using the jukebox for the first time. I know your very busy but would you consider modifying the code for me to make it happen? I would be more than happy to pay you for your time since I've already invested a small fortune in this jukebox restoration and this is the only thing that I'm missing.

Otherwise AP is by far the very best Jukebox software I've found and I've looked and looked. Great job!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:05 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

I think the new search function V6 makes it very easy to find an artist, or all albums of an artist. There are too many things still to work on. I can only just put your request for now on the wish list.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg