It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Error Message adding new albums
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:22 pm 

Can anyone shed any light on this error message please?
When uploading new albums, the odd one as it is uploading stops and displays the error message below. The album uploads fine once I click OK. The album displays and plays fine. Neither the album/folder or database is read-only? Any ideas?

"Error:
Problem writing database.

Attachments:
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg [ 11.12 KiB | Viewed 941 times ]
Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Error Message adding new albums
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:42 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

It might be that the AP database is created with other user then you use now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:17 pm 

Hi Peter, no definitely not, there is only me who uses AP for loading albums etc... my adult daughter uses it to play albums and nothing else, she would not try or even know where to start with it. :-( :? :cry:

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Error Message adding new albums NEW 2016
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:39 pm 

Please can anybody help with this. After getting the errors above for 6 months now, I have put in a new Hard drive, installed Windows 7 64bit and a clean install of Albumplayer 5.3 (newly downloaded 3 times and installed with problems twice, 3rd time seemed ok. Below is what has and is now happening on scanning for new albums. My music is all 9,000+ albums on a new 3Tb Hard drive and there is no Albumplayer on it from the last installs.

On reinstalling, I had another error message briefly on installation saying something about read module not found or something like that but it went off screen quickly.
This Pic.1 was on completion of installing it.
-------------
This Pic.2 was when first scanning for new albums
-------------
This Pic.3 was when scanning and loading the albums, every random album gave this error. None of them were read only before? Now it could be every 2nd, 4th 10th or maybe even 20th album was randomly showing this error. I had to go into Explorer and select properties/read only and untick the box. (All the albums that loaded OK were also ticked?)

Attachments:
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 10.28 KiB | Viewed 656 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 13.61 KiB | Viewed 656 times ]
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 11.05 KiB | Viewed 656 times ]
Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:48 pm 

--------------------
Then this pic.4 only 1/3 of maybe 400 albums had covers and info under them. It was the blank cd with “lookup pending” and it just stayed like that. I closed it down and restarted AP and then “look up info” in collection database for all the blank albums.
----------------------
I uninstalled and reinstallation gave me this during installing pic.5
-----------------------
On still scanning for new albums I got this once Pic.6
-----------------------
I am only up to bands beginning with "D" and every 2-20 albums I keep getting put back to Pic.3 Problem writing databse read only error? The database isn't and can't be read only as it is allowing all the inbetween errors albums to load up OK, and the folders with albums aren't read only. Iunticked the read only in properties of one album folder before it scanned it and it still came up as read only error? This is totally annoying as I still have about 8000 albums or more to add!!! At this rate it could take weeks (if they work then as well!!)

It is all new installs, no old files such as ini files or db files etc. Apart from my albums which were all upload when scanned perfectly well except for maybe the last 100 when these random errors started. I did think with a new copy of AP and a blank hard drive and clean installs of windows and AP it would resolve the problems. Or could it be AP cant cope with so many albums afterall? 190,000+ tracks)
Please help, anybody had these issues? :cry: :(

Attachments:
6.jpg
6.jpg [ 8.02 KiB | Viewed 656 times ]
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 23.49 KiB | Viewed 656 times ]
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 12.33 KiB | Viewed 656 times ]
Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:15 pm 

I am getting sick of this now, I am on the verge of binning Albumplayer!!!! It is so frustrating!!! Can nobody give any clues? Peter? I have loaded in the last 4 hours about 8 albums! I have had more error messages, is this just Albumplayer cannot handle so many albums?
I am still getting the "Pending lookup" and nothing else happens, so I have to delete mayb 30 albums that are pending (after waiting 1/2 hour) from the collection editor. I am getting the same error read only, so I cancel and then upload to AP that same album that when scanning for albums it says is in error for read only but if uploaded singly the album is fine with no error??!! And then the Access pointer and other error. All these albums were uploaded and fine before reinstalling, so why should they 60% be coming up with errors when scanning for new albums? I can't sit and manually upload another 8,000 albums manually one at a time. Somebody? I have done the new hard drive, new Windows 7 64bit OS and now since that 3 fresh installs and downloads of AP 5.3. I even have 8Gbs RAM on order but surely 3.2Gbs RAM should work fine?

Attachments:
dfdf.jpg
dfdf.jpg [ 23.49 KiB | Viewed 647 times ]
8.jpg
8.jpg [ 13.33 KiB | Viewed 647 times ]
7.jpg
7.jpg [ 8.02 KiB | Viewed 647 times ]
Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg