It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Covers not loading from network drive
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:25 pm 

I set up AP on a local disk to learn file format reqd etc and ended up with a folder of 30 albums that scanned without a problem. I then copied this folder to an Iomega Network ethernet drive and when I scanned disk for new tracks none of the covers were scanned.
If i then go into edit album, auto lookup doesn't work but if i open the cover the load image box appears with front.jpg showing, if i click on this it previews the cover and when i click open the cover appears in the lhs box and can be saved.
In collection editor lookup status a good one shows

Info Lookup: Alexandra Burke / Heartbreak On Hold Deluxe Edition
Looking for Album Directory...
Directory found.
Loading Cover from Directory.

and a bad one shows

Info Lookup: Alexandra Burke / Heartbreak On Hold Deluxe Edition
Looking for Album Directory...
Directory found.

I cant understand why if the files are on a lap top via the network or on a local disk there is not a problem but if they are on the iomega drive no covers are imported.
Is it a timing issue, does AP look for Xmsecs and then assumes there is no cover ?
Driving me a little mad
Regards Jeff

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:14 am 

It doesn't sound like a timing (more accurately: latency) issue. It sounds like data corruption or a non-availability of the remote resource. This is a common problem with NAS drives.
Are you able to manually copy the cover files from the remote resource to the local drive and have them transfer without errors and be readable (not corrupt) outside of AP? If that doesn't work, AP won't be able to use that resource until that problem is fixed.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 am 

xblkx, Thanks for the reply, yes everything else is fine I can play the music via AP on a laptop connected to my HiFi via a wireless network connection from the network drive with no problem at all. I can manually load the front.jpg from the network drive via edit album ,but AP will not do it automatically.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:00 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

It is something that needs my attention. When the cover is on a network drive it looks it can't be located.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg