It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Access Violation error on XP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:29 pm 

Hi

I have just recently bought albumplayer and after setting it up and getting an "access violation at address 0047CA4A in module 'AlbumPlayer.exe'.Read of address 00000014." error when randomly selecting a song.I then uninstalled and deleted all files and reinstalled.

I have since spent hours adding all my music and now the error has started again. It allows you to add multiple songs and then randomly gives this error. You can't select any song until closing the program. Once it launches again all the songs that gave the error are in the playlist.

I tried to search for similar errors on the forum but none of those workarounds have helped.

I have checked that my user account has full admin rights and has full admin rights to all of the albumplayer folders and files. The global.ini file does point to c:\Albumplayerdata\

Any suggestions?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:36 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Yes indeed this is not a known problem. As I understand, at some moment you add a file to the playlist you get this error, then I guess you click it away. Can you play the song after you clicked the error away. Or when you try to play that song it also give you the error? I try to figure out at what part I should look at.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:55 am 

Hi Peter

No, the song does not play or add to the playlist when closing the error. The error then pops up when selecting any other song. Only when you close and reopen Albumplayer the song shows in the playlist and will play.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:32 pm 

I have decided to format and reload XP. Will restore the database and try again.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:14 am 

It's been a day after the format and reload. Restored my backup and no error yet. Holding thumbs

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:29 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

I hope it too because don't know how to solve at this moment

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:21 pm 

Regret to say the same errors just started. This is with a new song i just added not even part of my backup i restored. Have to close and reopen and then after a while it starts again.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:25 am 

I have installed AlbumPlayer on my windows7 laptop and restored the database. I am getting the exact same error randomly when selecting song.

Image (alt+p)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:36 am 
AlbumPlayer Developer

Is the error when you add the song to the playlist or only when it starts playing.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:52 pm 

You could try deleting the playlist and then adding the song. Maybe something that you added (or played) before that is contributing to the problem.
Another idea to try: delete the album art from the Collection Editor, then try to add it. This will help rule out a graphics issue.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:45 am 

Hi

It looks like I have managed to solve it. The user account on the PC was the administrator but I went and added all other member rights i could see to it as well. Since then it has not popped up with the error again.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:07 am 

The same issue is back again. It worked for 3 weeks and now the error pops up again. The access rights are still the same, so I'm not sure what else to do. It does not happen on just a single song, it is very random

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:24 pm 

I have narrowed the problem down a bit more. When I clear my playlist it allows me to ad the first new song, as soon as I select the second song it pops up with the access violation error. If I then open my preferences menu and then close it again that song then appears in the playlist menu and i can then select more songs without the problem. When i select the song by double clicking it rather then selecting next it does not give me the error. This must be a software bug.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 am 

I tried to reproduce your problem (on XP Pro SP3) and I don't observe it.

I have a suggestion to try, but you will lose your preferences and have to set them again, but I had unexplained problems too, and this solved them and they never came back. Perhaps worth a try.
Close AP.
In the C:\AlbumPlayerData directory, delete AlbumPlayer.ini
Restart AP. You'll need to set your preferences for everything, including whether to select or add on single or double-click.

But I had something like this a year ago.... could not be reproduced, but I did this, and never had the problem again. It may be worth trying out.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:41 am 

Thanks for the suggestion. When I do this all my albums are gone. Is there a way to add/restore all the albums when I delete the .ini file? I have restored the old .ini to get all my music back but would like to try your suggestion.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg Go to page 1, 2  Next