It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: AP cannot find itself
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:34 pm 

I have loaded quite a few of my cd's onto my drive using AP. About four days of work so far. Now AP can't find anything, it keeps starting with some poxy collection of tripe that has dream theater and assorted crud already on it. I have tried removing AP and reinstalling it, all to no avail.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:51 pm 

Did it work before? What did you change?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:47 pm 

it worked perfectly. i didn't change anything, there is no database. the files are all on my drives. AP keeps defaulting to what appears as a demo. it won't read my external drive nor set the chosen skin.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:42 pm 
AlbumPlayer Developer

As I understand, you still see the demo collection and can't find your own albums. The best is to go to the Collection Editor and from there start to delete all albums which are part of the demo collection. Please check from that screens if the albums are there that you added.

Can you also tell me where you located your AP-database. By default it should be in c:\albumplayerdata . Is it also there in your case or did you put it on the external drive too.?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:23 pm 

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the reply. I had given up on album player and was about to buy another player. For some reason I decided to have another go, guess what? The player still won't work, it won't play anything from the harddrive. I just get a line scored through the selection. The extraction doesn't work either, I get this message 'cannot start the encoder' fault code 0.
So far album player has been a great disappointment and a good reason to buy an off the shelf system.
cheers,
Peter.
p.s I'm running win8

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg