It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Auto-DJ crashes AP after about 24 hours of playing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:24 am 

Hello all,
I've had this software for about a year and I'm having a persistent problem where it crashes somewhere between 24 and 48 hours after starting it up and running auto-dj. I will come in and i sometimes have the "Albumplayer has stopped working" dialog box showing, other times the software just closes.

Here's what I've tried:
loading only 100 songs into the database and letting that play continuously. still crashes.
installing it on a different computer. still crashes.
monitored processor/memory/network to see if anything is peaking - looks about the same regardless.
clearing the playlist a few times a day - still crashes.
I have installed 6.0 and am now running 6.0b - crashes on both.
It is currently installed on a Dell precision workstation with 8 cores and 6GB of ram. I'm running windows 7 and all the updates are installed. There is a standalone video card with plenty of memory.
No other programs are running. I've run a scan for viruses or malware - it's clean.

Here's what I've noticed:
The album art pans smoothly at first, and then as the time goes on, the art pans somewhat jerky when the song changes, particularly near the time that it crashes. The memory or processor load does not appear to be much higher than normal at that time.
The times that I've been present that it has crashed, it has always crashed when it switches to a new song. The new song stutters for a few seconds and then stops when it crashes.

I'm open to try whatever but I'm currently at a loss.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Auto-DJ crashes AP after about 24 hours of playing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:32 am 

Some of the problems I have noticed:

I have occasionally noticed the scrolling is jerky, but only for a short time.
I have a few times noticed the GUI stops working, but music still play (not sure if seen in 6.0b).
I think it is very ressource demanding, probably due to the graphic.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:24 am 

Update: i tried running it minimized and it still crashed after about 24 hours.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:59 pm 

Ok, more updates. I've been watching it crash and i've noticed one thing that is very consistent. the memory usage slowly creeps up as it plays. Sometimes it goes down, but the overall trend is upward. When it gets to around 2.6gb used, it crashes. The computer uses about 1GB without anything running. When it crashes, it holds onto the memory until i dismiss the dialog box that tells me it's stopped working. I've seen it crash anywhere from 2.3gb to 2.67gb.

Any ideas?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:49 pm 

I have more information. Using the task manager processes tab, I've been watching AP's memory usage. Once it goes over around 1,360,000K in the Memory (Private Working Set), it crashes. It is reliable enough that i can monitor the memory and pretty much know when it's going to happen. I think the reason it always crashes between songs is that the memory jumps up a bit when it goes to change to the next song, and that is when it hits some internal limit.

I can't believe i'm the only one having this problem. I'm running Win7 64 Bit, in case that matters.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: Jan, xblkx, Peter van der Burg